• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Demo day + new skis + arts & crafts advice?

GeoGirl

Certified Ski Diva
Hello divas!
I had a fantastic demo day recently at Stevens Pass! 2020 Volkl Yumi vs. 2019 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 vs. 2020 Rossignol Experience 88, and I fell in love with the Black Pearls. The Yumis took too much effort to get to do the turn shapes I wanted (I felt like I was just along for the ride on them) and the Rossis were OK but nothing special for me. The Black Pearls put a huge grin on my face. I felt like they read my mind and I could do anything on them! I'm 5'4, 115 lbs, and liked the 159 length better than the 152. I found a great deal on a demo pair from 2019 ($350!) that had impeccable bases and edges but some cosmetic damage on the topsheet and snapped them up.

After that preamble, my question is.... have any of you ladies painted your skis? The chips on this pair has been diligently repaired with epoxy on the top sheet, but it's not the prettiest. I was hoping that I could paint a few purple shapes over the clear epoxy fixes along the edges to give them some flair. I've used Delta Ceramcoat paint on plastic before and I'm assuming topsheets are some variety of plastic... but do you ladies have suggestions for paints, top coats, and technique?
I've seen some tutorials for painting skis but they all seem to include spray painting the entire ski after taking the bindings off, which doesn't line up with my goal here.
If that wouldn't work I'll just pretend that I put the battle scars on there with my own epic feats lol.

newboots

Angel Diva
Don’t know, but I’m also loving my BPs! I have longer ones (158? 159?) because of the tip and tail rocker, which shortens the length of the ski that is in contact with the snow. Mine are the 82s.

Great skis!

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not paint but I’ve had lots of luck with waterproof sticker decals on my kids skis. Great way to freshen up a pair of hand me down skis.

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have had good luck with using the paint markers to fix up “boyish” skis for my daughter. It wears off a bit with use but it is super easy to just pop the marker back out and touch up.

GeoGirl

Certified Ski Diva
I have had good luck with using the paint markers to fix up “boyish” skis for my daughter. It wears off a bit with use but it is super easy to just pop the marker back out and touch up.
Nice! Is there a certain brand of paint marker that you use?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga