• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

MissySki

Angel Diva
Today was day 57.. great long weekend at Sunday River! Lots of soft snow and bumps, pond skimming, passholder lunch, etc.. fun springtime events. Two more weekends left for skiing there, so I should hit into the low 60s and maybe another day or two at Killington in May if the weather cooperates. I’m pleased, this will be my second highest days for a season ever, but still won’t hit the 70 days I somehow got one season and haven’t been able to get back to since! :smile:

mustski

Angel Diva
Only 7 days this year. But maybe some more over memorial weekend. Started the season with a broken foot and when I finally could get my foot into a boot, I ended up with RSV which is supposed to last a week, but I couldn't breathe well for 2 months. I have a 3 month sabbatical from work next winter....
Wow! That sounds like a rough season. Here’s to next year! :beer:

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like being touring ski twins with @jthree anyway!
Ski twins FTW!

@echo_VT congrats on passing your PSIA assessment!

I forget my count but it's in the teens. It's actually good for me especially considering all the things that got in the way of skiing this year.

Still thinking I might get a spring Killington day in... looks like my only available weekend will be Mother's Day. Hmm maybe I can lean on the other 2 J's to ski with me...

MissySki

Angel Diva
Ski twins FTW!

@echo_VT congrats on passing your PSIA assessment!

I forget my count but it's in the teens. It's actually good for me especially considering all the things that got in the way of skiing this year.

Still thinking I might get a spring Killington day in... looks like my only available weekend will be Mother's Day. Hmm maybe I can lean on the other 2 J's to ski with me...
I’m still hoping for May 11th at Killington! Hoping some other Divas might be there as well, and of course that the weather works out.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
72--- Alyeska has been fabulous- love the zero altitude adjustment, steep trails, we had 15" fresh powder while here, amazing views, you can ski just about every where you look! Today was perfect spring snow- skied off the top til they closed the lift at 530! Definitely will be back.

1713243667785.jpeg
1713243704123.jpeg

1713243762289.jpeg

1713243880428.jpeg

MissySki

Angel Diva
I'm done, too. 92 days, which is a personal record, in spite of it being a pretty poor season here in Vermont (well, until March, anyway). I'm never ready for the season to end and actually go into a post-seasonal depression. It's a looooooooong haul til I get to ski again. (And no, I'm not going to South America.) Once mud season is over I can start biking, and that'll help. But still.......
Ahh aren't you tempted to get to 100, you are so close and still places open??

This weekend's skiing was FABULOUS, and so many people have thrown in the towel that even weekends are like weekdays now without crowding or lift lines. At least this is how it's been at Sunday River.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We've been relatively empty, even Killington on a Saturday was pretty great. Once Presidents week goes and March hits it starts to slow down. I think a lot of it is parents with their kids and spring sports takes them away from the mountains.

MissySki

Angel Diva
We've been relatively empty, even Killington on a Saturday was pretty great. Once Presidents week goes and March hits it starts to slow down. I think a lot of it is parents with their kids and spring sports takes them away from the mountains.
Yeah, I love this time. Yesterday felt like we had the mountain to ourselves.. especially with some lifts already closed for the season it was somewhat eerie at times away from the bases. But in a good way. :smile:

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've decided to be done at 27 days. Was thinking of one more day at Killington tmrw, but I'm sick of the hours in the car honestly! I've been day tripping 1-2x/week to to VT for weeks now and it's starting to be enough. 27 days is my most ever so I am pretty happy with that. Sorry to miss out on the relatively empty slopes but, you can't have everything.
Will move on to my other hobbies and look forward to next season!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Funny how the numbers add up. My usual number by chance is 33 days. This year I didn't start until Feb 5 because of my knee and only got up to 11. Last year my season ended on Feb 7 because of my knee, but had managed 22 days by then. I just came to the realization that my 2 partial seasons by chance added up to my usual 33.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Funny how the numbers add up. My usual number by chance is 33 days. This year I didn't start until Feb 5 because of my knee and only got up to 11. Last year my season ended on Feb 7 because of my knee, but had managed 22 days by then. I just came to the realization that my 2 partial seasons by chance added up to my usual 33.
That’s pretty darn cool!

brooksnow

Angel Diva
Yesterday was a wrap for me. 117 days on snow, most only skiing, 4 only snowboarding, and some doing both. 26 days skiing at least one run with my husband. All at Sugarloaf this season.

I have a tradition of doing one run from the highest available lift on my last day. Yesterday it was Narrow Gauge from the top, a classic. Conditions were friendly corn the whole way. This was after teaching a learn to ski lesson in the morning.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Overall total for 2023-24 came out 65 days, with 43 out west. I left Alta Lodge on April 20 after adding 13 days of skiing during my usual late season stay. Mostly skied at Alta, but also spent a day at Snowbird using the MCP, as well as a few mornings in Mineral Basin using Ikon to cross over at the top of the Sugarloaf lift at Alta.

I did four trips out west, all more than a week each. I drove from North Carolina to Colorado in Dec and flew in early March, late March, and April. Also skied 5 days in Michigan in January and made a few trips to my home region (Massanutten, Timberline) with friends in Jan-Feb for 17 days. Most ski days at Massanutten were relatively short. The bonus was that my daughter could join in for a couple of weekends, as a young adult with a full-time job. She's living at home so during my trips out west this season my non-skiing husband had someone around who likes to cook.

One reason for longer trips was to use an Epic pass as much as possible. I bought Epic for the first time mainly for a trip to Crested Butte. I tacked on a few extra days in Dec and Mar to get a feel for Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone, and Breck.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I finished at 85, with a grouse encounter on my final day (yesterday.) She was in the middle of this very busy run all morning. I don't know if she finally headed for the trees later or not. Grouse are very aggressive and will protect their nests. She chased every skier who went by. I was really concerned she was going to get hit by a skier and killed.

IMG_2696.jpeg

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Ha, neat. That’s a pretty good number. Our local bumps are as much as an epic pass so we don’t go. They are both very small. Therefore, it’s 2 1/2 hours to VT. . Glad you are up and out.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm getting a little sad because I've only 2 or 3 weeks left. My goal is always to make it until at least May so that's never an issue. Once I get to may I'm a lot less depressed when its over because I am ready to have some nice BBQ, disc golf and brewery weather. An outdoor concert or two is always nice also. Fall comes fast and furious and with this is football and chilly weather so going from May until September is easy enough. I'm grateful for big snow in Jersey as going there a few times over the summer is fun too. Especially when it's hot AF outside.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I'm at 59 days now, after last weekend. The soft spring snow was absolutely fabulous last week and I'm looking forward to closing weekend at Sunday River coming up as the weather looks great. Still planning to go to Killington sometime in May as well, targeting 5/11 currently depending on weather and my motivation level for the drive haha.

Definitely bittersweet for the season to be winding down in general. It is a little easier now that I've become so obsessed with trying to improve at golf too though. It gives me something to look forward to and start transitioning to even before the ski season ends. I know I'll be sad to make my last turns of the season when they come, but I'm also quite excited for warm weather and other activities right now. I am at that point of the season too where I don't particularly mind the 8hrs roundtrip weekly drives North taking a rest.. What a great season though! I usually feel I make very sluggish or almost imperceptible progress towards my repeat goals each year (bumps/trees/powder skiing).. but I actually feel I made some decent strides this season, finally!!! Plenty to go still, as always, but I'll take it as a win to feel good about. :smile:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna