• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Days 52 and 53 at Sunday River.. such a fun weekend! Spring bumps in full effect. Next stop, and day 54, will be a bit further north into the path of totality at Sugarloaf tomorrow. Fingers crossed we get our logistics right and all goes well for parking and such.

I expect to hit around 10 more days after tomorrow. My highest ever season was 70 days, and while I don’t expect to get to that this year.. it should be my second highest season ever. Very pleased.. though we had snow challenges in the New England area quite a bit this season, I’ve had a mighty good time and way more soft snow and powder days than usual due to warmer temps and time out West and here. It’s been a darn good season somehow!

View attachment 23029

View attachment 23030
View attachment 23031
Enjoy those Spring bumps :ski:

ceestan

Certified Ski Diva
I'm at 25 days! At least 1 or 2 more to come, maybe more depending on the weather. 5 of those days were ski touring, and I hope to get at least one more touring day in. I skied:

Mt Hood Meadows mostly
Timberline
Apex Mountain Resort
Backcountry near Mt Bachelor
Lake Louise
Banff Sunshine
Bogus Basin

On top of my first time skiing backcountry, I also skied my first double black diamonds this season. Yesterday I skied Silver Bowl, one of the sidecountry bowls at Mt Hood Meadows and was blissed out of my mind. Big, steep, open, sustained pitch, and the snow was soft and consistent and pretty untouched (patrol had just opened it up). I was a bit intimidated going in. I took my first few turns on top of the ridge telling myself I could always bail and ski back over inbounds if I needed to, but the snow felt so good I right away knew I had to keep going. It was AMAZING and one of my favorite ski runs of all time. (Although I did fall once I got down to the run-out because I was already celebrating and let my guard down in some funky snow, lol. Let that be a lesson!)

All in all, a great season, and so far injury free. Trying to keep it that way!

kathuang

Diva in Training
27 days! My season didn't really get started until mid February (slammed with work January and just couldn't make it out). Spent the majority of it at Breck, which really helped me get comfortable with blacks and moguls (Breck has a wide variety of blues, from blue-greens to black-blues -- labeled as a black but really would be be a blue at a different resort). This season made me realize I need to incorporate strength training into my fitness routine -- the moguls kicked my butt! Hopefully next season, I can get an earlier start. Shooting for 50+ days next year!

slow_biscuits

Certified Ski Diva
34 so far. Had to cancel the Park City trip I’d planned at end of March. Planned to tag along with some friends but work stuff came up last minute and I couldn’t go. Might get 2-3 more days in April if weather and other commitments cooperate. Tied with last year for most days in a season for this working mom with kids. We committed to the “every weekend slog” and though it was exhausting we loved it.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
We got a huge storm and dump on Apr 3 overnight for Apr 4 and into Apr 5. I didn’t ski it sadly but it looks like it was awesome. I was prepping (studying) when I wasn’t working for a PSIA assessment that I took on Apr 6-7.

- 69 days
- 68 on skis, practicing lessons in teaching on skis
- 69 on snowboard, practicing lessons in teaching on a snowboard — I got to take a run with @empogo at her home mtn

it was pretty great I’m glad to have completed my season educational goals.

I expect to get out there this weekend!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
We got a huge storm and dump on Apr 3 overnight for Apr 4 and into Apr 5. I didn’t ski it sadly but it looks like it was awesome. I was prepping (studying) when I wasn’t working for a PSIA assessment that I took on Apr 6-7.
Did you pass your PSIA assessment?

I stink at counting. I’m probably in high 30s-40s for the season. Just did a few runs today on my Atomic Backland 85s, lightweight touring skis. (I didn’t skin, just lift served.) The point was to put a little more mileage on them and learn to trust them, damn it. The few times I skied on them before, I did the skier equivalent of death grip, locking up, curling my toes, etc. because they are so light it takes a little bit of faith that they will do what you ask them to do. I went in with the goal of just relaxing on them and it wasn’t too bad today so I guess I’ll stick with them instead of selling them and going for the slightly heavier Volkl Blaze 82s, which are super inexpensive on SkiEssentials right now. I like being touring ski twins with @jthree anyway!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm done, too. 92 days, which is a personal record, in spite of it being a pretty poor season here in Vermont (well, until March, anyway). I'm never ready for the season to end and actually go into a post-seasonal depression. It's a looooooooong haul til I get to ski again. (And no, I'm not going to South America.) Once mud season is over I can start biking, and that'll help. But still.......

Last edited:

echo_VT

Angel Diva
- 70: yesterday riding with instructors and the newlyweds from a couple weeks back : spring conditions with 4 inches of new snow. We rode park laps (yew), hayride off the quad, nose dive woods, lift line. The woods at the top were great, I think due to the colder temps, the shade of the trees protect the snow from sun… there were hardly any tracks, it was smooth and creamy, fun and fast / consistent. But lower mountain was a bit of a mess. Slow and sticky, had to stick to where others had rode or skied before. To have enjoyed that, would have needed to wax between runs. Lol.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've still got another month or so of skiing. I really hope I can get to 60 days. I was sidelined for much of February due to my toe so missed many days. Mud season is already here. I'll still keep my snows on for another couple weeks. I am usually ready to hang out it up by mid may. The indoor ski place in jersey had helped a lot with season ending depression. I go a few times every summer and it definitely helps. I switch to disc golf in summer, ski a bit in jersey and before I know it football and fall is here and the stoke begins again.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
83 for me, bit less than it should be due to some very mixed conditions. But most of those days were either very fun or at least good for character and a learning experience! And I think I probably skied my fat skis on at least half those days - and a JJ day is always a good day. So all in all a fun season but more snow please next season and keep it cold!

Suzy Fairweather

Certified Ski Diva
I'm at 25 days! At least 1 or 2 more to come, maybe more depending on the weather. 5 of those days were ski touring, and I hope to get at least one more touring day in. I skied:

Mt Hood Meadows mostly
Timberline
Apex Mountain Resort
Backcountry near Mt Bachelor
Lake Louise
Banff Sunshine
Bogus Basin

On top of my first time skiing backcountry, I also skied my first double black diamonds this season. Yesterday I skied Silver Bowl, one of the sidecountry bowls at Mt Hood Meadows and was blissed out of my mind. Big, steep, open, sustained pitch, and the snow was soft and consistent and pretty untouched (patrol had just opened it up). I was a bit intimidated going in. I took my first few turns on top of the ridge telling myself I could always bail and ski back over inbounds if I needed to, but the snow felt so good I right away knew I had to keep going. It was AMAZING and one of my favorite ski runs of all time. (Although I did fall once I got down to the run-out because I was already celebrating and let my guard down in some funky snow, lol. Let that be a lesson!)

All in all, a great season, and so far injury free. Trying to keep it that way!
I loved MHMeadows. Grew up there and worked as a ski patroller before moving to Canada.

Suzy Fairweather

Certified Ski Diva
27 days! My season didn't really get started until mid February (slammed with work January and just couldn't make it out). Spent the majority of it at Breck, which really helped me get comfortable with blacks and moguls (Breck has a wide variety of blues, from blue-greens to black-blues -- labeled as a black but really would be be a blue at a different resort). This season made me realize I need to incorporate strength training into my fitness routine -- the moguls kicked my butt! Hopefully next season, I can get an earlier start. Shooting for 50+ days next year!

Suzy Fairweather

Certified Ski Diva
Great progress. I also realized I need to get into an exercise regimen if I want to ski in my 60’s and hopefully beyond. (I’m 63 now and want to be able to keep up with the kids.)
I started following a personal trainer on YouTube and have seen great results. I can now hammer those moguls and not be so winded. Ski season ended yesterday and I’m back on the program now, to get ready for next year. Power to you!

lehrski

Diva in Training
Only 7 days this year. But maybe some more over memorial weekend. Started the season with a broken foot and when I finally could get my foot into a boot, I ended up with RSV which is supposed to last a week, but I couldn't breathe well for 2 months. I have a 3 month sabbatical from work next winter....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna