• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

Amie H

Angel Diva
My season total: 9 days.

I thought it might be fewer, due to all the time I'm taking with both my daughter's wedding planning/administration and taking care of my mother-in-law.

I'm most disappointed I didn't get another day or two in Wisconsin, and my only day at Cascade was in horrible conditions. Oh, and never got to ski with my daughter in Tahoe due to a wild blizzard (although we had a blast together, anyway.)

But I am happy that:
- I got to ski three new-to-me spots this season: Northstar and Diamond Peak in Tahoe, and Vail. Thanks to other divas for recommending the Tahoe spots to me, I really enjoyed and will keep on my "let's go there again" list! Vail...eh, not so much (crowded on a Tuesday!)
- I had a great ski day at Lutsen with an old childhood friend.
- I found my new favorite area to ski at Beaver Creek

Looking forward to the '24-'25 season!!

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

MissySki

Angel Diva
I've been following the Bust N Burn via Donny P on insta, looks like a great time !!!
It was so cool to see such high level freestyle skiers flying by right in front of you! Such a cool event where anyone can enter, but there are also seriously high level pros competing too. There is a stark difference in the performance of amazing regular skiers who are incredible but actually look human and/or sort of look like they are on the verge of implosion often during the run pushing themselves to the very edge of their abilities, and then the super duper high level pros whose feet move so fast I could hardly believe it yet they make it look EASY like they are practically floating down the course. Unbelievable.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was so cool to see such high level freestyle skiers flying by right in front of you! Such a cool event where anyone can enter, but there are also seriously high level pros competing too. There is a stark difference in the performance of amazing regular skiers who are incredible but actually look human and/or sort of look like they are on the verge of implosion often during the run pushing themselves to the very edge of their abilities, and then the super duper high level pros whose feet move so fast I could hardly believe it yet they make it look EASY like they are practically floating down the course. Unbelievable.
As they say "you've got to be really good to look that bad", DP seems to have really started something and I keep wondering if I'm going to see similar styles on the slopes this coming season :eek: I remember my son finding a pair of old straight and super long K2's in a storage shed at our local a few seasons ago and him taking them up to Bluff Face (a big sometimes scary BD run) and skiing down, my heart was in my mouth when I saw him !!!

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Day 45 at Magic was a blast. Looking at 46 and 47 this coming weekend. Maybe Friday too if I can get up there in time. We've a storm coming.

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
I helped build on Thursday, when the bumps were super soft. I skied them a few times with Donny Pelletier's mom!

Suzy Fairweather

Certified Ski Diva
On day 94 and counting- hoping to make 100 by season’s end at Revelstoke BC. (2 days at Red Mtn doesn’t coun.t) This would be the fourth year attempt in which I accomplished my first goal last year. The first year I got to 93 with 7 season days left when the mountain closed due to ski patrol getting COVID. I don’t anticipate doing this again next year but it’s been a fun run. A 10week ski freeride camp this year inspired me to improve my skills further. I am a 63 year semi-retired passionate skiier and new on the skidiva. I joined looking to see about skis to add to my quiver. When I saw this thread I couldn’t resist‍♀️. Its fun hearing about your mountain!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Season totals
68 plus employee ski day when I get my lifetime pass will make a low year of 69 lift served days total. May add a few days at another hill. Better then last year when I broke my pelvis in January.

2 short ski tours, and 2 days of nordic as well.

All put together 73 will likely be the final 23-24 tally. Seemed just right for a very odd snow year that ended on a much higher note than I had expected.

Beckster

Certified Ski Diva
Yesterday I completed ski tour #29 starting from Europe’s highest train station at the Jungfraujoch. Down Jungfrau/Aletsch Glacier, up to Louwihorn, down the Kranzberg Glacier, up the Grosser Aletsch Glacier to the Lötschenlücke for a finale descent into the Lötschen Valley over the Lang Glacier. A long but beautiful spring day in a glacier paradise. A classic for every backcountry enthusiast.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On day 94 and counting- hoping to make 100 by season’s end at Revelstoke BC. (2 days at Red Mtn doesn’t coun.t) This would be the fourth year attempt in which I accomplished my first goal last year. The first year I got to 93 with 7 season days left when the mountain closed due to ski patrol getting COVID. I don’t anticipate doing this again next year but it’s been a fun run. A 10week ski freeride camp this year inspired me to improve my skills further. I am a 63 year semi-retired passionate skiier and new on the skidiva. I joined looking to see about skis to add to my quiver. When I saw this thread I couldn’t resist‍♀️. Its fun hearing about your mountain!
I LOVE REVY!!! Great Mt!! Hope you hit 100 or 100+

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skied my Age yesterday. 66. Alyeska.. what a MT. Had no idea where I was skiing on Day 65- probably a good thing.. it snowed all day- about 5" of fresh was glorious. Yes I was shocked yesterday morning when the clouds were gone and I could see where we were skiing.. Gotta like steep and not be prone to vertigo to ski here, I do like steep :-)
Zoom in you can see the top of the Chair we ski off.

1712426252320.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga