• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just finished up a 2 day PSIA update clinic so that put me at 28. One more day at butternut tomorrow for my women's clinic so this will be 29. I've been on skis for 5 days in a row. I've got myself a nasty blister on my pinkie toe. Going to the podiatrist to get it popped on Monday so just need to get through tomorrow then other than a casual ski day this sunday at Magic I'll taking a few days off.

shadoj

Angel Diva
Day 30! A couple great days this weekend, plus another way-too-warm training night. The snow held up surprisingly well for the mid-40's temps. Did more side/pivot-slipping than actual skiing, but I'm working on my instructor skills ;) Candidates doing quite well with the toboggans; most are in refinement mode now. Moguls recently appeared on one of our runs, which was great falling-leaf practice for everyone... just gotta get *to* the patient, not ski a zipper line!

Getting really excited for my Lutsen trip in less than a week. Don't care if the snow is just meh, it'll be somewhere else and with longer runs :smile:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Day 50 for me! I'm two days behind last year, but still, not bad for a not great year. Anyway, a gorgeous day at Bromley here in Vermont. I love Bromley; sure, it's not too challenging, but it's old school and mellow and since it's not on any multi-resort pass, it's never crowded during the week. Also, all lifts come back to the base lodge, so it's super convenient.

The weather today was perfect: sunny and not cold, with the snow softening up as the day went on. It is SO NICE to finally have some sun; according to the National Weather Service, this past January was the cloudiest since 1951! This is our fifth sunny day in a row, but we need some snow. There's no pleasing some people, is there? :becky:

Oh, I also ran into a Ski Diva I hadn't met before: @SarahXC, who recognized me from my pants(!) and the Ski Diva sticker on my helmet! Nice to meet you, Sarah!

IMG_3073.jpg

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm only on day 10! We've had crappy weather here in Washington, with a late opening for most resorts, and then my family was sick, one after the other, for basically the entire of the month of January. I've have only gotten out a limited number of times as a result!

Hoping to start up my regular schedule now! :ski:

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm only on day 10! We've had crappy weather here in Washington, with a late opening for most resorts, and then my family was sick, one after the other, for basically the entire of the month of January. I've have only gotten out a limited number of times as a result!

Hoping to start up my regular schedule now! :ski:
Just checked my calendar, guess what, I'm actually on day 14! Yay!!!! Day 15 tomorrow, yippee!!!!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Just finished day 29. Taking a few days off while my blister heels. New liner gets put in boots tomorrow and then I should be back in business.
Ouch, where were your blisters?? And are you just replacing your liner or doing an aftermarket? I am supposed to be getting a new liner, but I haven’t had a chance to make it up to VT recently.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
#37 Park City.. was there for a week, Deer Valley day was only Sunshine we've seen. Yesterday was over a foot of powder- tad thick but still fun. Very flat light- seems to be worse for me as I age :-( I was missing my Sheeva 10's.. I guess I need a 3 ski sport tube, lol..

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
#39 at Wild Mountain today... It didn't matter what skis I had on , everywhere I went sucked. Basically survival skiing. Sugar on top of solid ice rink with a bit of man made snow in some areas. They made some snow last night. Be careful tomorrow @shadoj . The actual runs weren't too bad but be ready for random ice patches. If I wasn't there for an event I would have left early.
I'm crossing my fingers tomorrow at Trollhaugen will be better. It's supposed to be sunny and a bit warmer.

shadoj

Angel Diva
#39 at Wild Mountain today... It didn't matter what skis I had on , everywhere I went sucked. Basically survival skiing. Sugar on top of solid ice rink with a bit of man made snow in some areas. They made some snow last night. Be careful tomorrow @shadoj . The actual runs weren't too bad but be ready for random ice patches. If I wasn't there for an event I would have left early.
I'm crossing my fingers tomorrow at Trollhaugen will be better. It's supposed to be sunny and a bit warmer.
Yikes and thanks for the heads up! I will try to be safe tomorrow. Glad I'm heading further north while any new manmade snow gets re-groomed into our questionable base texture.

Day #31 yesterday had boilerplate corduroy that softened to "very firm," a strange gradient becoming downright slushy at the base. The somewhat thawed areas began to set up by evening... very challenging. The wind made it feel colder than it was, but I had a good enough time anyway. Not many people on the hill. Everything except the runs proper is brown :(

marzNC

Angel Diva
Added 3 more days at Massanutten this weekend. Had a good time meeting SkiSoutheast writers in person who came for the first ever SkiSoutheast Summit at Massanutten.

View during First Tracks on Sunday morning, Feb. 11. 15 minutes later the peak was in the clouds and there was no visibility at the top for the rest of the day.

Massanutten Peak Express, new trail No Hessitation under the lift, February 2024
Mnut 11Feb2024 view before fog - 1.jpeg

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ouch, where were your blisters?? And are you just replacing your liner or doing an aftermarket? I am supposed to be getting a new liner, but I haven’t had a chance to make it up to VT recently.

Blister was in a positively awful location. Blister was in between on top of my toes between pinkie and next toe on my right foot which is my bigger foot in my sized down boots. Blister finally popped on it's own. My liners have packed out and I was asking about after market liners. Torin said the Technica liner is better than most so he suggested I just get a new liner for my Mach 105 MVs so i just replaced the stock liner. He put it in on Sunday. It's like having brand new boots again but without the break in period. This is my first new liner and wow. We've decided given the amount of days I ski that we need to be proactive. New boots every 4 seasons and new liners every 2 seasons. I'm no longer waiting til they pack out and things start to go awry.

My toe was pretty infected and my doc asked me to stay off snow for a few days, he said a week or two but that's not happening. I will give up a few personal ski days but presidents weekend is coming up so I have teaching obligations. I have to teach an adaptive lesson saturday afternoon at Bromley and all day at Magic Sunday (hoping for a mix of never evers, beginners and chairlift skiers to spread out the abuse to my feet a littlie bit. I have my follow up wtith the podiatrist on Tuesday so he'll tell me how it looks. Until the weekend I'm wrapping my toe with 3x a day medihoney applications and 3 doses of antibioltic doses a day. I'm a pretty good healer so I should be in good shape by the weekend for my obligatgory teaching hours.

Torin mentioned he's got your foam liner ready for you so he'll see you whenever you can get there.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
45 so far
- 43 at Burke, I did end up having to ski to retrieve a meal and bring it back as the mid mountain lodge doesn’t have anything to eat. Went for a race!
- 44 at Stowe, lesson in the morning, training in the afternoon
- 45 at Bolton Valley! Wind hold yesterday. So just lower mountain run.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna