• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

JayZeeSquared

Certified Ski Diva
13 days! Day 12 was nothing to write home about but Day 13 phewwwwwwww. Caught my first pow day last Sunday at Keystone after the MLK weekend storm blew through Summit County. It was amazing, I've never skied in that deep of snow ever. There were some portions where it was thigh deep. Caught a rope drop too! Lots of fun but hard work - my body was feeling it afterwards. I ate it so bad on one run where I slid down on my chest head first and choked on a mouthful of snow. A crazy day and I'm still thinking about it!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Day 22, but today really felt like day 1 in over a year. With good coverage finally at hand, I decided to not teach and go charge hard for 2 hrs with a friend. I forgot how fun it is to go my own speed without worrying about a student in tow. Getting hurt last winter and the scary conditions until this week, meant that in some ways I really had yet to ski. More of that please!

shadoj

Angel Diva
Day 22 today :smile: Cold and chilly at Welch, MN with some occasional sunshine peeking out. Snow crisp-soft-firm, really fun. Did a lot of safety roping/marking, plus some good laps of drills between warmups in the patrol "chalet".

Might go out again early tomorrow; for sure Sunday, because I'm subbing a patrol shift.

Trying to dance away any warmup/rain system heading our way!!!

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
23! I Spent a few days at Loon last week- WAY too busy for me, lots of straight lining out of control skiers. If they want to go fast they should take up skydiving. 120mph in 3 seconds out the door of the plane!
Fortunately, Cannon was the redeeming Mt on my mini ski safari- Loved that Mt. We stayed on top skiing the cannonball lift after finding beautiful powder- like most Mts in the NE last week, the bottom had chunky death cookies, loose granular and the 'NE Blue" we're famous for. No one was there at Cannon it made for fun skiing not worrying about the meat missiles like at loon. The lifties, lodge employees were SUPER friendly (unlike loon where seemed all were grumpy) Unfortunately, the horrible wind, rain Tuesday night curtailed our skiing on Wed- we tried to get some retail therapy, that didn't pan out either- drove over the narrow 112 to N Conway NH, we didn't know restaurants, shops close on Wed- then the outlets didn't open til noon (storm related we were told) Eddie Bauer lady wouldn't let us in at 5 of 12! Nope she didn't get any of our money no one got any of mine.

YESTERDAY #23 Was the BEST Day for me since 12/21/2022 (when I got hurt) It was a fabulous Gore Powder day all day, snowed light and fluffy Western Style snow, Free refills and NO ONE Was there- typically midweek at Gore is a ghost town yesterday was ski on all lifts.. It never got above 20 so the snow stayed dry, and soft. Lots of freshies to track up.. yes, I had the best time- one of my clients who's vacation home I sold came up to ski with me and he hit the jack pot!! Was too cold to take many photos the top got 2x as much as the bottom. It was replay of the day @Mary Tee, @teppaz and I had :-) sorry you ladies weren't there with me!

View attachment 22272

View attachment 22273

View attachment 22274
Sounds like an amazing day at Gore! I was just there yesterday! Conditions were ok. Not crowded. Best trails were sleeping bear and tahawus because the snow was nice and consistent, packed powder. I have a Gore pass. Would love to meet up sometime if you are there regularly!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds like an amazing day at Gore! I was just there yesterday! Conditions were ok. Not crowded. Best trails were sleeping bear and tahawus because the snow was nice and consistent, packed powder. I have a Gore pass. Would love to meet up sometime if you are there regularly!
Yes when I'm not traveling I ski Gore and Royal Mt. I was there Tuesday for the big snow and yesterday too. It was really nice yesterday although I could only ski til noon- had to go put a contract together. I was on top before 9am, skied hawkeye, chatimac was YUK. then Pit and headwaters skied them a few times then it got scratched off. I ended up lapping Sleeping Bear and Tahawus too! We probably passed each other. YES to let's meet up!! This week I'm off to Vt today til Tues.

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
Made it out for a nice Day 5 today. The Buffalo area got hit very, very hard with back-to-back lake effect storms this past week. Travel bans. My kid hasn't been to school since 1/12. Sadly the ski areas were not in the peak snow path (84" is the highest total I saw!) but still got several inches of fluffy natural stuff. By WNY standards, it was practically a powder day!! (But not really. Lol)

Got there early for the season passholder only group lesson time, and ended up with a solo lesson with Tom, who was a wonderful teacher for me. He has been instructing for 50 years, listened to my goals, was super encouraging and taught me pole touches today. I had been introduced to poll touches in the Your Turn Women’s Clinic last year, but I was so overwhelmed by ALL the things that it didn't really stick and I never practiced them after. But Tom's tips clicked today, and I had a really lovely, relaxed day of practicing afterwards, just taking my time and getting the rhythm down. I will definitely seek him out again for lessons. And he also told me I could feel free to level myself up into the advanced group in the future, which was really exciting to hear. I had put myself in the intermediate groip today. (Much like hill ratings, I am sure advanced here is the bottom end of intermediate at a bigger place! Hahaha! But still felt good.)

And I couldn't resist stopping at the onsite ski shop JUST to make sure they still have those Season Kins that are my hearts desire in their demo fleet. They do!! I plan to make my husband demo them this season and convince him we could buy them to share ... they are 175 cm after all ... (I am in the running for a new job right now, and I have decided if I get it, I am buying the skis for myself as a reward.)

marzNC

Angel Diva
Finished off my midwest ski safari today. I'm counting the days as 5 even though for Highlands I skied there a bit one afternoon and then all morning today. That was the best way to explore all the lifts. More lifts and terrain was open today (Saturday). The other three days were at Caberfae, Nub's Nob, and Boyne Mountain. Only the day at Boyne was a full day. The frigid temps were a factor, plus not wanting to drive in the dark on snowy roads. Have had to clear lake effect snow off the car in the mornings since I made it to Ohio . . . 5 days in a row.

Driving south first thing in the morning tomorrow.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Day ?? Met up with @jthree and did a skill share at Cochran’s Ski Area to get her oriented to her new uphill gear and share some tips. It was 15 degrees out but sunny. We did two laps, up and down. A beautiful and fun afternoon!! I haven’t loved my new uphill skis (she and I both have Atomic Backland 85s) but it’s because I’ve been trying to drive them too hard. Need to use a lighter touch and I’ll be happier.

I’ll leave it to @jthree to decide if she wants to post pics :smile:

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Day ?? Met up with @jthree and did a skill share at Cochran’s Ski Area to get her oriented to her new uphill gear and share some tips. It was 15 degrees out but sunny. We did two laps, up and down. A beautiful and fun afternoon!! I haven’t loved my new uphill skis (she and I both have Atomic Backland 85s) but it’s because I’ve been trying to drive them too hard. Need to use a lighter touch and I’ll be happier.

I’ll leave it to @jthree to decide if she wants to post pics :smile:
Of course I want to post pics!!! Day 8 for me, and Day 1 of uphill :smile:.

I love my uphill setup but I need to up my outerwear game… look how cool @ilovepugs looks in her pink and orange combo!

Attachments

• IMG_2545.jpeg
    IMG_2545.jpeg
    742.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6051.jpeg
    IMG_6051.jpeg
    769.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6022.jpeg
    IMG_6022.jpeg
    490.2 KB · Views: 16

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I typed out a whole thing this morning and didn't hit the post reply button!
Short version - Yesterday day #30 It was 3° too darn cold with velcro snow texture. But friends were in town and they expanded new terrain so I went. I used heated socks and boot gloves and made it 4 hours. It was at least sunny and calm. Once the sun set it got Cold.
Today day 31# not was cold but still felt like it with 30mph wind gusts. It was so crowded because of races and competitions. I'm looking forward to the January thaw actually.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Today was my day 21 at Sunday River. It started out cold and windy, but things settled down and the sun felt fantastic. The coverage is great, and we have a lot of terrain open now. Some of the naturals are skiing really well, some are firm and could use another good storm to cover up the base. But no rocks to dodge on the naturals means a nice solid base, and I’m so happy when we can say that after how things started this year. All in all, a great day and 3 day weekend on snow again.

newbieM

Angel Diva
Today was day 3! A friend of a friend got me a pass to powder mountain in Utah. Normally I love that place, endless friendly wide terrain all the way at the top.

I got my boots figured out last night - I bit the bullet and got custom footbeds, he also tweaked my boots a ton. I have wide feet with bunions, high instep, skinny ankles, thick calves.

The custom insoles helped but weren’t quite there yet. He also installed heel lifts which really helped get my heel locked in and gave my calves more room to breathe outside of the boot. He also grinded the tongue of the liner because the hard plastic was digging into the top of my ankle because of my high instep. It was hours of work but since my BF was sick and couldn’t ski it was a productive way to spend the day.

today was my first day on them and they felt pretty darn good.

unfortunately powder mountain wasn’t the best. Visibility just got worse and worse to the point you could barely see the lift or 5 feet in front of you.

I decided to just do the same green laps and practiced pole plants which I’ve never done well before. I don’t ever ski with my BF but after half a day he skied with me and helped me with the pole plants. It was helpful to have someone to follow when it got so dense.

had to cut the day early but today I felt like a skier again! Yay!!! I felt in control and dialed in. My legs weren’t dying and my toes felt ok.

here was the one hour you could see a bit ahead of you.

Attachments

• IMG_9547.jpeg
    IMG_9547.jpeg
    20 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna