• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Current Situation in NZ

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yikes - Porter Heights?
Sadly yes but most of the ski areas are looking similar .... waiting to see what this week brings, there's a storm system coming apparently. Its still considered early over here but we'd normally have more snow than that at this time of year. Fingers and toes crossed !!

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:( what does that normally look like this time of year?
It should be covered in snow but the weather gods had a different idea, Opening was supposed to be last Friday 23rd but that didnt happen :cry: When I think of how much we had this time last year its unbelievable that it looks like this.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We were spoilt last year as the season started very well AND early - usually there's a degree of reliance on snowmaking to open in the early season, but I recall ridiculous powder days in mid July, and decent snow pretty much the whole way through to October.

I do feel like this is particularly dire as most of the skifields have their busiest weeks during the upcoming school holiday which is starting earlier this year (July 3 rather than July 11) so will miss out on a lot of revenue if they can't open.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We were spoilt last year as the season started very well AND early - usually there's a degree of reliance on snowmaking to open in the early season, but I recall ridiculous powder days in mid July, and decent snow pretty much the whole way through to October.

I do feel like this is particularly dire as most of the skifields have their busiest weeks during the upcoming school holiday which is starting earlier this year (July 3 rather than July 11) so will miss out on a lot of revenue if they can't open.
Looks like things are about to change !! Fingers crossed :snow::snow::snow:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga