• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Curious About Twin Tips

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
what about the völkl Mantra?? This one comes in 177 and even taler :smile:

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Indeed. Much stiffer! I'm pretty big and am skiing the Aura in a 177, but the 170 Mantra tossed me around quite a bit. Not a good substitute for harder snow and finess skiers.

sdskiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm 5'4 and about 122 lbs. I'm thinking about the K2 Missdemeanor. I have my eye on the 07 model because I like the graphics better than any year and can pick them up pretty cheap. I'm not sure about the length. I've heard that twin tips should be 10 cms longer than what you usually ski on. I ski on a 154 all mountain which I like a lot. The K2's come in a 154 and a 164. If I follow the reasoning of skiing 10 cms longer on a twin tip then I guess 164 is the right length. But I'm not sure if that's right for me as I'm pretty petite. Has anyone skied the K2 Missdemeanor and what size? What's your thoughts on twin tip ski length in general for someone like me?

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
You will do fine on a 164. Your weight is just as important as your height. The ski WILL ski a lot shorter than its length. A 154 in a twin tip would be too short for you. This is a generalization of my experience with twin tips. I haven't skied the Misdemeanor because its longest length was 168; too short for me.

Shannon D

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am 5' 7" and a bit heavier than you. I ski 169s on all of my K2s, twin tip or not. My old Spires were 169 as are my current Phat Luvs and Missies. I have been extremely happy with the length and have not felt like they ski too short.

I know that this year and last year, they produced a 159, but I'm not sure about the 06/07 model. IMO it seems like 164 could be a big jump since you are comfortable on 154s.

Last year at Sniagrab, they had a ton of MissDemeanors in stock for about $200. I got mine on evogear for about $175.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga