• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Congrats, MaineSkiLady!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In my knee MRI experiences my head has always been outside of the tunnel, so I figured that's the norm.

For me, staying still is the issue with MRIs. It's pretty hard to keep a busted joint from spasming sometimes. It varies from machine to machine, but be aware that it'll get loud. Especially when I had a brain MRI, it sounded as though they were drilling and doing construction in my head. Some places offer earplugs or sat radio headphones. If you're claustrophobic, many places offer Valium, though you need to tell them in advance so they can get a script from your doctor and you'd need to arrange for someone to bring you and pick you up.

Hope it goes well!

Here is NVG'S GUIDE TO THE MRI EXPERIENCE:
1) Take Valium.
2) Get Lavender scented Eye Pillow (they should provide it for you!)
3) Take Valium.
4) Wear the earphones they offer you (sometimes they will let you take your own I-Pod in with you....they do me because I know them so well!) :becky:
5) Take Valium.

It's not that bad. Just don't open your eyes. That's what freaked me out the first time, but I've had over 10 now, so I'm pretty used to it! The eye pillow and vaium were turned down the first time....but when I started freaking out (claustrophobic!!!!!!).....they pulled me out....shot me up and gave me an eye pillow! :becky: Pure Heaven after that! :clap:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Gimme a break. All I got was a lousy valium (5 mg, I think)---for a colonoscopy. Yeah, gee, it worked great. :rolleyes: Like an M & M. I just laid there and thought about skiing :smile: Lurid details probably not necessary on this particular forum. Let's just say I tried to be medically philosophical and watch the monitors.....

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I had my mri's (shoulders both times) they had headphones so they could talk to me if they had to give me instruction. The pipe music into them if you want. I picked Jazz. Fell asleep to some sweeeeeet jazz tunes!
Barely remember the mri, I was soooooo relaxed.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
idea/thought?

We need a health update thread where anyone who's been down/injured/sick can post the latest news re: what's going on w/them. I'm starting to lose track of people and don't want to drop the ball in keeping updated. It's too bad we need it, but with this many members (and active ones), it may be the easier route?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna