• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Congrats, MaineSkiLady!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw your post in the Meet on the Hill thread for New Englanders. Congrats on a great PT appt and the go ahead to ski after Easter! :D

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

Weekend after Easter? Maybe with Haylmom and her DD?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Thanks, all! :D
Hi, AQ, nice to "see" you online!!
Yeah, wow, it was awesome.
Sev, check your back to ortho thread, I included more detail.
AQ, mine was a GRADE 2 LCL, left :eek: !!! How did ortho miss this?????
Lots of niggling right knee issues, THANK GOODNESS this pt LISTENED. It's not like I didn't make myself a broken record twice previously.
I think this is part of the problem with doctors, etc. THEY DON'T LISTEN.
Anyway, I'm SO HAPPY to be easing back in. Have to go do my rx'd exercises, they are fine, easy and fun.
Can't say this enough:
NO KNEE PAIN-NO KNEE PAIN-NO KNEE PAIN

PT LOVES the chopat knee support. I've had it for years.

AQ, I was out when you called, got home too late to call you back. Hope we can chat before you leave for Utah!

Wishing all fellow divas the same happy results. It ain't perfect or totally over yet, but I'm on my way BACK, BABY!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
working on it

Easing back into exercise here, and :eek: how hard to get trained, and how freakin' FAST it all goes away....Previously immobilized leg is like jello. Did some stationary bike and set off my sciatic nerve (what a basket case :rolleyes: ). But---all in the name of a Triumphant Return. Which I seriously intend to happen on/before Easter weekend.

Need to find new aerobics class w/o a step involved - physical therapist cringed when some of the step moves were demonstrated. Not only stressful to the normal knee, but downright damaging to vulnerable ones. Oops.

Also need to figure out why 2 diagnoses came in as no ligament involvement with regard to tears, and the third said not one but 2 tears, one a grade 2. :noidea: :confused: Guess it depends on who does the tweaking?? Opinion #4 comes on 3/27. Let's see just how many separate diagnoses I can get from the same injuries.....

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do you think something like a Walk Away The Pounds DVD would be helpful? It's not just walking in place, but it's pretty low-impact. Better than sitting on the couch.

Hypocrite that I am, I should be easing myself in with that, too... but alas, I'm still waiting on my call for my appt. I don't even want to look at myself in a full-length mirror right now. 4 weeks of near inactivity really takes its toll. :eek:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Actually, I've been moving around, ever since I got the green light - but doing only what PT says. Lots of upper body stuff has been ongoing. I only lasted 3 days of the original rx for 3 WEEKS in immobilizer and even those 3 days jello'd that leg. I just couldn't hack it. Turns out that it apparently was long enough to settle out sprain #1. Lots of 45 degree angle wall-sits, other stuff. Walking's good, I'm thrilled to be up and down 2 flights of stairs again. But the question of cardio will come next visit, I guess.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
He actually said I technically COULD go as of the 3 week date, which is this Sunday.....(HELP :eek: )---but I'm probably going to wait until sometime next week. Gotta listen to the body, get the left leg moving again. Feel like I've been lying around for months, ugh.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You're clearly getting better advice than I am. :D

While I haven't had any sort of exercise regime, I don't sit on my butt all day either. ;)

Again, congrats! Slowly but surely, you will heal completely!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
You're clearly getting better advice than I am. :D
Ya think? I've been to 3 people and gotten 3 different stories. Which troubles me a LOT. As much as I'd rather not have both LCL's torn, I'm leaning toward believing the PT. Shows you how much variability there is w/manipulation, how they do it, what they feel, what they think it is (or isn't).
Bottom line: will listen, first and foremost, to ME.
Severine, please let me (all of us) know what transpires w/yours.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
post script: the good, and at least CONSISTENT, news: all 3 said both ACL's fine. However, physical therapist did mine twice, then commented that they were so tight, he could not believe I had ever set foot on skis!

Hmmm, too bad this good ACL trait wasn't passed down to my next generation....:rolleyes: .....but his patella tendon substitutes seem to be holding up fine (he's in UT right now).

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd like to think it was my advice to do the Beeeennnnnd and SNAP! for the UPS guy.
That is awesome PT!!!
See...........I told you that all the bargains I tempted you with were great PT!!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What a roller coaster ride this whole injury diagnosis thing is, eh! Who's opinion #4 coming from?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I'd like to think it was my advice to do the Beeeennnnnd and SNAP! for the UPS guy.
That is awesome PT!!!
See...........I told you that all the bargains I tempted you with were great PT!!
:laugh: Funnier yet: one of the prescribed exercises is most DEFINITELY a forward bend --- no snap included, but I suppose I could incorporate. Alas, UPS all done here (for now?).

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
What a roller coaster ride this whole injury diagnosis thing is, eh! Who's opinion #4 coming from?
Yeah, it's way dumb. #4 is from The Head Honcho Ortho himself, Dr. Brown (no, not BTTF's Dr. Brown!). Douglas W Brown, MD. Let's see what his take on it is. At this point, I'm collecting diagnoses.

Good grief....when my son had his, Vail Medical emergency (at base) did one tweak and said, yep, grade 3 ACL. And yours was probably equally readily identifiable. Not that it's good, but at least it's one diagnosis....

num, what's going on w/you and your knee??

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe Severine would benefit from the PT move. You should share it with her so she can heal fast too!!!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Currently frustrated, because one of the receptionists of the ortho I decided to go with somehow screwed up booking my surgical consult (which was for next week), and just let me know today. It's problematic because he's going out of town and booked solid before then, and won't be able to see me til mid April. I'll be calling and seeing if there are cancellations, or if another receptionist can hook me up at all (the one I'd talked to previously was quite helpful). I don't wanna just sit around on it. If I could see him and make a plan for PT and have surgery scheduled before he goes out of town, I'm happy. I don't want to wait a month to get the ball rolling though, so if I can't get something sooner with them, I'm looking elsewhere.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Maybe Severine would benefit from the PT move. You should share it with her so she can heal fast too!!!
:laugh: But----she's gotta get diagnosed first!

Shopping cures. Just heard from atlantiqueen in Freeport, ME, that National Bike and Ski has double Sportubes for $90, singles for $60??? :eek: Might be a serious shopping trip in MY near future :D

Ah, endorphins....sigh....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna