• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Cold feet

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My bootcaps came! Posting for the small footed folks. This is on a 22.5. They almost needed triming. I clicked the boots into the binding to assess clearance in addition to using the jig as a starting point.View attachment 22044
I got mine after they went around the US. But it's glued on & they look like they would rip if I take them off for spring skiing

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought some Hotronic XLP heat socks. The "thin" ones. If these are thin I can't imagine how thick the regular ones are. These are twice as thick as my regular Smartwool ski socks. The calf is super tight it's like they don't know that there's people out there with big calves too. The heating element is obviously a little thicker in that area. Of course the element seam lands right on top of my bunion because this model it goes over and under the toes. I don't have a whole lot of hope for these right now. I haven't tried them in my ski boots yet as it hasn't been cold enough to need them yet. It was 50° and raining today!

mustski

Angel Diva
Are these really hotronics ? Website doesn't indicate that.... but still I have the magenta in my shopping cart.
No. They are made by hotronics, l but they are a neoprene toe insulator. I have not tested them below 19°F but have not needed to turn my boot heaters on yet. At lower temps, I expect to use them together. They have been keeping my toes warm despite my poor circulation.

@MissySki I considered that issue briefly but, in all honesty, I have skied well into July numerous years and never have experienced overly warm feet. I don’t thing they will create a problem come July because my feet will still be in the snow - more so in the soft spring stuff.

Last edited:

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
I’ve just skied with mine for 5 days now. We had highs in the upper 30’s to mid 40’s. I still needed my boot heaters in addition on all but the last day. The top layer is already separating near the lower edge and has been for a few days now. Will try to snap a pic once we are back home. I plan to see if I can contact customer service this week. Otherwise I’m going to need to doctor it up with some superglue…..

mustski

Angel Diva
I’ve just skied with mine for 5 days now. We had highs in the upper 30’s to mid 40’s. I still needed my boot heaters in addition on all but the last day. The top layer is already separating near the lower edge and has been for a few days now. Will try to snap a pic once we are back home. I plan to see if I can contact customer service this week. Otherwise I’m going to need to doctor it up with some superglue…..
Wow. Mine are solidly on there and I’ve skied 14 days or so with them.

Calinca

Certified Ski Diva
HI Everyone I've also have a tendency of cold feet as well as numness. In my case is a feet/bootfiting issue the pressure on my dorsal feet (nerves and circulation). No heated socks worked, I almost got burn as I had the socks on maximum heat and just couldn't feel my feet (thats how num I was). My solution, was a better fitting boot (hard to find) and some zipfit linners with thin socks, but I still need to unbuckle at lifts.....

sbf2023

Certified Ski Diva
Yep, I feel your pain. My feet are always cold, so I know exactly where you're coming from.

First, make sure you wear thin, thin socks in your boots. Thick socks can bunch up and impinge your circulation, actually making your foot colder! No padding in your socks, either. I love the ones from Point6, Smartwool, or Darn Tough.

Also, boot heaters are a game changer. I have boot heaters from Hotronics, and I don't think I could ski without them. Your boot fitter can install them for you, and they're really easy to use.
Good to know!

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought some Hotronic XLP heat socks. The "thin" ones. If these are thin I can't imagine how thick the regular ones are. These are twice as thick as my regular Smartwool ski socks. The calf is super tight it's like they don't know that there's people out there with big calves too. The heating element is obviously a little thicker in that area. Of course the element seam lands right on top of my bunion because this model it goes over and under the toes. I don't have a whole lot of hope for these right now. I haven't tried them in my ski boots yet as it hasn't been cold enough to need them yet. It was 50° and raining today!
I skied in 9° F and brutal wind today for 4 hours! I never make it that long in those temperatures. Today was the first time trying out the socks. They worked. I had them on 2 and the batteries lasted probably 5.5 hours. ( I left them on when I went grocery shopping after skiing and during the drive home.) They definitely squeezed my toes but stayed thawed the whole time. I did get numb towards the end of the 4 hours but that was from too tight. My heels started to hurt/ get cold as the seams for the heat elements went across the heels to go up along side the ankle. The socks were really hard to put on, but once they were settled I didn't notice the tightness in the calves or the batteries. I had boot gloves in the car but ended up not needing them. My feet were fairly comfortable temperature wise. I had the lower two buckles barely latched .

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Please remember that your feet can sweat, making your feet cold. I use gold bond foot powder, intuition liners, thin smartwool socks and a boot heater. If it’s really cold, I have extra batteries.

TrixieRuby

Certified Ski Diva
Well, this seems to be the boot thread, and the best thread for my question, so here goes: I think my ski boots are 'packed out"--it is hard for them to feel snug, even with the buckles tightened. How do I know if I should get new boots or just new liners?

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, this seems to be the boot thread, and the best thread for my question, so here goes: I think my ski boots are 'packed out"--it is hard for them to feel snug, even with the buckles tightened. How do I know if I should get new boots or just new liners?
I'm sure you'd be more than welcome to start your own thread!! You could do a shell check on your boot and see how much space you have as a start point - if you have a lot of space (I think more than an inch in length is considered too much, but that's just according to my fitter), then perhaps a new boot is more in order than new liners?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Go to your fitter and ask.. they’ll examine the shell and let you know of it is worn out or not (assuming it is the right size/shape for your foot). If the shell is still in fine condition and fits your foot well then they can give recommendations for a new liner (if available) and/ or an aftermarket option of liner like Intuition, Zipfit, Boot Doc, Sidas, etc. (which they may or may not carry/deal with certain ones of these). This all assumed you have liked your boot too, otherwise could be time to look for a new pair as well. Not sure how ling you have had them and how many ski days are on them.

mickey823

Diva in Training
Ok, you may remember me from other posts about boots, now it's time to talk feet! How are you keeping your toes warm this season? Mine are like ice cubes before they go into boots. Since I'm looking for new boots tomorrow anyway, any preferred socks, liners, heaters that you love?
Chiming in to say boot heaters as well! I have hotronics brand, bought from and installed by my bootfitter. They said they'll move easily into new boots some day as well. Never had the battery go out on me no matter how high I crank them!

arbusch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The bootcaps look like a better option for more touring boots than neoprene boot gloves which really limits unbuckling the boots touring and getting snow trapped in the glove touring. Trapping in heat from my toe warmers better. Raynuad's makes it really challenging keeping my feet warm backcountry skiing. So excited to try these.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna