• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Chile 2013

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After failed attempts to get a diva trip together August 2011 and 2012, Brian agreed to hold August dates 2013 for me. Third time might be a charm. I've taken a different strategy though, and have recruited six interested parties from a friends ski group, but only soft commitments at this point. I will then only need two more to make a tour for the itinerary Brian has proposed through his santiagoadventures.com company. Winery, snow cat day, driver.

I will keep posting updates in the next months, let me know if you are interested and I can forward details on the itinerary and specific developments. The ones interested are great fun and range from expert to intermediate skiers.

More later.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
I am definitely interested!! Skiing in Chile is on my bucket list – and it could be a wonderful present to myself for a BIG birthday next year! Please keep me posted.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I came across this photo as I was reviewing some old SD cards. It's from Valle Nevado.

skibum_chile.jpg

We had some great powder; I'd love to go back on a organized tour.

josiegroper

Certified Ski Diva
Please let me know, I have my ski every month for the year thing going next month, was hoping to do the end of July and early August (to get 2 months in for the price of 1) and Chile was on the list. Was not sure about either Valle Nevado, or Portillo though... both sound good!

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It is time to take a DIVA roll call for Chile in August of 2013. Brian is holding the dates and needs to know. I have two men who are in.....maybe another couple who are a maybe, leaving room for four divas. Six if the couple don't go. So far, it's a fun group and the package tour is a nice mix of resorts and wine tasting.

Questions welcome. Raise your hand or otherwise let me know if you are a maybe to yes. I promise it will be fun, I need up to nine.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK Divas, I'm back and Brian down in Santiago is holding the following dates:

The dates:

Thursday, August 01, 2013
Depart US
Friday, August 02, 2013
Arrival Santiago and transfer to Valle Nevado
Saturday, August 03, 2013
Skiing Tres Valles - Valle Nevado
Sunday, August 04, 2013
Monday, August 05, 2013
Tuesday, August 06, 2013
Skiing until 2pm. Transfer to Santiago. Night in Santiago
Wednesday, August 07, 2013
Morning tour of Santiago. Winery visit in the afternoon.
Thursday, August 08, 2013
Ski Portillo
Friday, August 09, 2013
Cat Skiing El Arpa
Saturday, August 10, 2013
Flight home to US
Sunday, August 11, 2013
Arrival US

I have two solid yeses and need six more to make it work. I'll update on the tour cost (includes lodging, transportation, some meals, wine tour) but excludes airfare and some govt. fees for entering the country.

Could be a blast. I guess 2011-12 season was a bust down there, so I'm glad we waited and here's hoping 12-13 is better everywhere for ski resorts!

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't do an attachment, so I've pasted the entire document from Santiago Adventures below, including the updated itinerary from Brian.

Per Brian:

"The price is US$2750 per person in double - this is based on a minimum of 10 persons. This is based on Valle Nevado prices for 2012 - they have not yet published the 2013 rates -

The price is essentially the same as last year but a much better value as the lodging in Los Andes is at Casa San Regis a wonderful hacienda and you have lunch included in Portillo, Arpa and the winery visit. It will be a great trip with 7 fantastic days of skiing."

Ski Divas
Chile Ski Adventure - 2013
Date
Activity
Hotel
Meals
Thursday, August 01, 2013
Depart US

Friday, August 02, 2013
Arrival Santiago and transfer to Valle Nevado
Tres Puntas Valle Nevado
D
Saturday, August 03, 2013
Tres Puntas
B,D
Sunday, August 04, 2013
Tres Puntas
B,D
Monday, August 05, 2013
Tres Puntas
B,D
Tuesday, August 06, 2013
Skiing until 2pm. Transfer to Santiago. Night in Santiago
Rugendas
B
Wednesday, August 07, 2013
Santiago City Tour. Transfer to Los Andes
Casa San Regis
B,D
Thursday, August 08, 2013
Full Day - Ski Portillo
Casa San Regis
B,L,D
Friday, August 09, 2013
Cat Skiing - Ski Arpa
Casa San Regis
B,L,D
Saturday, August 10, 2013
Wine tour with premium tasting & lunch. Flight home to US

B,L
Sunday, August 11, 2013
Arrival US

Price per peron: US$2,750 based on double occupancy and minimum of 10 persons. Single Supplement: US$750

Price includes:
· All ground transportation including English speaking guide to coordinate all logistics
· Four nights lodging Hotel Tres Puntas, Valle Nevado
· Five days skiing at Valle Nevado (must check out by 10am for 5th day)
· One night accommodations in Santiago
· Santiago City Tour
· Three nights Inca Hotel, Los Andes
· One day skiing at Portillo with lunch at Tio Bob’s
· Cat Skiing at El Arpa including four runs in snowcat and on mountain guide
· Aconcagua valley winery visit with lunch and premium tasting
· Meals as indicated in the program

Not included:
· International airfare
· $161 Chilean entrance payable at Santiago International Airport upon arrival
· Travel insurance* see below
· Gratuity for guides and drivers
· Tres Valles connection ticket. Approximately $40/day.

josiegroper

Certified Ski Diva
I know I am getting picky here, but I only see 5 and a half days skiing!!! Let me give this some thought, as I have zero desire to do the wine day, and when I priced out Portillo for a week including airfare I came to around $3K for the journey...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna