• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Certification

rach93

Certified Ski Diva
I just wanted to share with this lovely community that I recently attained my PSIA Level 1 Alpine Certification.

I know that it has like a 90% pass rate and all, but I was deeply nervous about it. I can't help feeling a little good about my self that I attained it.

If any of you have ever thought about getting into teaching, I just want spread some encouragement that you can totally do it!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@rach93 Massive congrats from a 23 year member! It is super nerve wracking to be judged by a peer. Enjoy the lessons.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just wanted to share with this lovely community that I recently attained my PSIA Level 1 Alpine Certification.

I know that it has like a 90% pass rate and all, but I was deeply nervous about it. I can't help feeling a little good about my self that I attained it.

If any of you have ever thought about getting into teaching, I just want spread some encouragement that you can totally do it!

Fantastic news - be proud of yourself, you've taken the steps!

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congratulations!!

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
It is a big deal. A very hardy congratulations. And I don't think the pass rate these days is still 90 percent! Keep on learning and moving ahead. I'm on year 20 of membership and it's still a journey.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
DH hits 50 years of membership next year (wow - that's a lot of dues, exam preps, exams, continuing ed events...), which I think is the final year he has to pay dues at all??

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congratulations!!! I got my level 1 a few years ago and of course I got the b@@l buster examiner. He was one tough cookie... It was actually an amazing experience. It was like a 2 day intense clinic..... I hugged him at the end of the 2 days. Wouldn't have changed a thing.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Congratulations!!

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well done! Best skiing thing I ever did, plus managed to talk my husband and youngest child into doing it too. Jeez, though, our course in NZ was 5 days, not 2! Was gruelling, though totally worth it. Eventually decided to put it to use (having never intended to actually teach, lol) and taught for 8 seasons, passing L2 along the way.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Magnatude Was it 5 days of examination? The US system typically requires a few days of prep clinics before the 2 days of testing. There is/was, a written test, plus skiing, movement analysis, and teaching skills, all being evaluated for the 2 day exam. They are standardizing the actual scoring tasks and sheets across the many divisions to make the exam and certifications uniform across the entire US, which is long overdue.

Not sure about the level one, but for level three the testing days can be broken up into 3 separate days over a few years. Ski, teach, MA or done in one entire multi-day process.

tartegnin

Certified Ski Diva
Congratulations!! I got my level 1 a few years ago, in my 50s! I was also nervous and we did our exam day in heavy snow. But the examiner was fantastic and I learned loads on the coaching day.

now collecting nerves to prep for a level 2 … maybe

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Magnatude Was it 5 days of examination? The US system typically requires a few days of prep clinics before the 2 days of testing. There is/was, a written test, plus skiing, movement analysis, and teaching skills, all being evaluated for the 2 day exam. They are standardizing the actual scoring tasks and sheets across the many divisions to make the exam and certifications uniform across the entire US, which is long overdue.

Not sure about the level one, but for level three the testing days can be broken up into 3 separate days over a few years. Ski, teach, MA or done in one entire multi-day process.
Ah that makes sense! Yes, back when I did the L1, the testing/assessments were done on the last two days, with the first 3 being training. It may have changed a bit since then, but it is still over the 5 days. The written/analysis part (online) is done outside of those days. Only our L3 (and upwards) has the 3-day prep clinics, which are split into skiing and teaching (3 days each), followed by the exam.

Seaglass Skier

Certified Ski Diva

Congratulations!! How was the experience for you? Wonderful!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna