• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Cagematch: Atomic Maven 93 vs Fischer Ranger 96

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Interesting that Fischer are going unisex, I may be wrong but it seems to me like a step back to "pink it and shrink it" times :noidea:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Interesting that Fischer are going unisex, I may be wrong but it seems to me like a step back to "pink it and shrink it" times :noidea:
Actually I commend their decision, and was actually a part of the discussion when they had the focus group. If you were in the room when discussion happened, you'd be saying...hmmmm, makes sense.
Their commitment is to build skis for skiers of different shapes and sizes with different flexes. Men are skiers, women are skiers, and we're all built differently across both genders.
Example, we have a product tester (male) who is similar size to me. When we review skis, we are testing buddies because we ski the same size skis.

mustski

Angel Diva
The Maven sounds intriguing! I think I will have to look for that one to try this season. Did you find that it skied a bit short or true to size?

mustski

Angel Diva
I do recognize the jacket and have been enjoying it very much!

do you have the Mavens in the fleet?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I do recognize the jacket and have been enjoying it very much!

do you have the Mavens in the fleet?
I do have the mavens in the fleet. I'll see what length they are but they may be a tad longer than you usually ski.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pretty much true to size.
@contesstant skied several of the Mavens as well.
Perhaps you recognize the jacket. ;)
View attachment 21809
I never have clicked with the Maven line--the ones with titanal a bit more than the ones without, but that Atomic Cloud series on Snowhot's feet==:thumbsup: (Read between the lines--I don't love lively skis.) I do have in my notes that the Maven 86 had "very intuitive turn initiation" and rewarded a more centered stance, which allowed the "tails to come alive" and had a tighter turn radius. If I had to choose between the AmerSports products--Maven vs. new Salomon Stance line, I'd go with the Stance line. In fact, I was pretty smitten with those skis (all the widths--they were fun!) and might add one to my collection this year. Gotta get out in the new boots and see how my current collection is feeling. Bootfitter Brent thinks that the short cuff boot is going to make skiing wider skis a lot more enjoyable for me. (Sidenote: Husband is attending a meeting with our favorite Salomon rep tonight to get the lowdown on all the stuff for this season. I might have to tag along!)

On paper, for this cage match, the Ranger would be a better fit for me. I skied the 102s 3?? seasons ago on a deep powder day and I really liked them, even on the buttery soft groomers! That topsheet, though, is thoroughly boring. Bring back the hot pink! :love:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm sitting in the North American headquarters for Fischer right now, as we are going over the 2024-25 line up.
They're still staying unisex with their line up, but with different flexes/sizes, but they are offering everyting in the Ranger and CURV line in two different colors, to appeal to different demographics across all genders. On the CURV line they'll be labeling one of the color options WS for women specific, however won't be pigeon holed for women only.

IMG_0057.jpeg

@contestant I remember you and I sharing notes about the differences in the C and Ti versions of the Maven line.

But the Clouds! WOW!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm sitting in the North American headquarters for Fischer right now, as we are going over the 2024-25 line up.
They're still staying unisex with their line up, but with different flexes/sizes, but they are offering everyting in the Ranger and CURV line in two different colors, to appeal to different demographics across all genders. On the CURV line they'll be labeling one of the color options WS for women specific, however won't be pigeon holed for women only.

View attachment 21815

@contestant I remember you and I sharing notes about the differences in the C and Ti versions of the Maven line.

But the Clouds! WOW!
I still dream of owning a Cloud 12. The 14s were just enough above my pay grade that I wouldn't go that route. Holy crap that was a fun ski.

Glad to hear Fischer is throwing some different top sheet colors into the mix. I still find them boring, but you know I don't pick based on top sheets--they're supposed to be covered in snow!

mustski

Angel Diva
I do have the mavens in the fleet. I'll see what length they are but they may be a tad longer than you usually ski.
I would still love to give them a try. Any changes from the 23 -24 models other than graphics?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga