• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Brighton

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I finally made it up on a solo ski afternoon to check the new Crest 6 D-line six seater lift. I lived through the construction (second hand through my son who is Brighton's Lift Ops guru and who was part of a Dopplemeyer team getting this beast up and running--not trivial BTW). This lift is a game changer for Brighton.

Conditions: I did groomers---trees and off-piste are tracked out, firm snow, and limited coverage of logs/rocks.

Otherwise, snow coverage was pretty good on groomers and the snow making continues to fill in what mother nature has not delivered. We haven't had a serious storm for a while and won't for at least a week more.

Base was about 38 inches. My ski goal was just to work out the first-day-of-season bugs (equipment and attire) and test out my "ski legs". For some reason, my quads always tire the first few ski days---because I think I ski a bit tight til I loosen up a bit. But it was all in all a good first day, My Head Kore's rocked the groomers, and I am praying for some SNOW!!

Tennessee

Angel Diva
@dloveski, that is so cool that your son is in the ski business and in a high up position! I bet you learned way more than you would ever need to know about the process :wink: It is fascinating though — I found myself watching YouTube videos last Summer of the construction of the Colter lift at Grand Targhee.

I love Brighton :love:. Did this lift replace the main lift at the very bottom in the middle? We did a women’s ski week at Brighton two years ago and I think Brighton is now my favorite in the area. The vibe is so laid back — no one seems to have a big ego at all. Lots of younger skiers and boarders and they are nice! Alta now is my second favorite I do believe. We stayed on the mountain on the Milly side in a cool ski in ski out house. I hope you get some big powder dumps soon :thumbsup:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga