• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bridger Bowl, MT

marzNC

Angel Diva
The first official EpicSki Gathering day was Mon, March 25, 2013. Needless to say, the place was pretty empty. We got blue bird skis, but just a bit too warm by the afternoon with so much sun. The groomers were great in the morning. I gather the folks who skied the upper mountain bumps and trees had a good time. I spent most of the day off the Pierre lift working on stuff I learned from a 3-hour private lesson the day before. Plus helping a relatively new Diva gain confidence on blue runs. Had a ball!

As I understand it, my other housemates had a good time all over the place. I think the Diva count was at least seven, not counting my potential Diva friend who is the wife of a Bear. I skied with her and her husband at Targhee on the long green from the top a couple days ago.

I really enjoyed Bridger my first time last year. Enjoyed it just as much this time. It will be even better for intermediates and advanced skiers next season. The old Alpine double (s l o w, no safety bar, center pole) is going to be replaced with two triples. That will really open up the terrain on that side. One will be for only green/blue terrain, the other for blue/black. There are a lot of fun mellow trees over there.

Pierre lift, long, fast, and footrests, only blue and black
Bridger 25Mar2013 - 04.jpg

Mrs. jgiddyup liked the blues off Pierre, several wide blue choices after the short cat track at the top
Bridger 25Mar2013 - 11.jpg

View of rope tow from Bridger lift, base of Pierre just beyond the tow rope hut
Bridger 25Mar2013 - 13.jpg

Powder Park lift is long, not very fast, only way up from the base mid-week
Bridger 25Mar2013 - 16.jpg

Looking down at the base (two buildings), that's a skier in the middle
Bridger 25Mar2013 - 10.jpg

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I finally skied Bridger yesterday--a whole half day!!--and could not have had a better time. Continuing my SNAFU style vacation, I got on skis late and missed the start of the afternoon group lessons. Because of marzNC's comments about the ski school I took a chance and asked for a 2:00 private, specifying that I needed a level 2 or 3 who was good at explaining what he was teaching me (thanks to marzNC for helping me understand that's what I need!). I freeskied to warm up in the sunshine on nice chalky blue cruisers, then had the lesson of my life with Rick W, aka 'the other Rick,' and ended the day with a nice run with marzNC. I didn't get to ski with any others in the Epicski group, but I'll get a chance to meet at least some of them over the next few days.

Alta notwithstanding, if Bridger were within day-trip striking distance of Salt Lake, I'd be a regular. I haven't skied many smaller or local resorts, but the vibe was very workaday, the skiers and boarders relaxed and friendly, and the mountain staff helpful. I'll try to post a more detailed rave about the lesson, but suffice it to say that I plan to continue lessons with Rick, even though it means a full day's drive and a night or two in Bozeman for the lesson and to take advantage of Bridger's excellent level groomers to practice what I've learned.

Ok, coffee break 's over, time to make turns at Big Sky!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna