• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bra trees

Jenny

Angel Diva
I don't like it - especially since people have taking to throwing underwear with creative "staining" on it now, too.

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ugh! A beautiful tree spoiled by "graffiti".

Wouldn't that be "brafitti?":ROTF:

Posting while driving to Tremblant (DH Has iPod and kids have a DVD in, why shouldn't I be entertained as well? Bless cell service)...

My thought: funny first time I saw it, now... "meh!". Mostly I am bothered by the thought that these decorations originally were probably meant to commemorate a conquest of some sort... And it may have been originally a skiing achievement but probably not anymore... And the idea of glorifying a sexual conquest with a bra tree makes me worry about how I can raise my boys to respect women with such thinking so prevalent in our society.

Perhaps my assumption is totally off base, but I kind of doubt it.

French signs rampant! Getting close to border...:thumbsup:

bluebird

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Boxers would be gross because ..well u know......I think bras are fine but please no thongs..but remember I live in CA..the land of boobs.

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fernie has one on the Elk Chair, and Red Mountain on the Silverlode chair. So I guess it's not just a US thing.

I can't say I really notice them anymore unless I'm with visitors and then it's mostly for their reaction. I have noticed that those two are more of a general "underwear" tree than specific to bras. The first year I was at Red I was mostly just confused about a) why they were there and b) how they got there. I can't say I've really ever solved either mystery, though the tree does seem to get re-populated all at once every year...perhaps it's an annual party amongst the high school kids I'm unaware of?

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The bra trees were novel years ago---the bra was a sign a guy got 'lucky'. Nowadays--I see mardi-gras beads and random undies--but frankly I don't even notice the trees anymore and don't think new stuff is being thrown at the rate of past years. And I don't think Deer Valley has one---a different kind of crowd there apparently.

What I hate more than bra trees--now it's graffiti on the chairs---lift ops hates these stickers and pens---but it's job security for the year-round guys I guess. Stupid waste of time/effort for no apparent reason. And LITTER! Those that throw water/beer/energy drink empties on the snow, in the trees--are trash.

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't help but think it's the same people who throw their McDonalds bags out the car window. The (ever-growing) one here looks like garbage. And if people do throw a nice undergarment? WTH? Nice bras are not cheap! Why would you do that?!

whitewater girl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
...naw, I don't like sneaker trees (have seen a few over the years) and wouldn't like sock or headband trees either - litter is litter; bra trees fit into that as well...

...am also pretty sure most of the folks throwing those bras up there weren't the one's who had to pay for them (bras get expensive, and some - most! - of the one's on the local tree are clearly NOT from Walmart...)...local tree also sports undies, especially thongs...

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't care for the clothing. Looks rubbishy to me. Likewise with the bottle tree, the beer can tree, etc.

I probably would like a twinkle light tree, or a sparkly thing tree...but even that would wind up looking rubbishy without frequent maintenance.

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I noticed yesterday that our bra tree has a lots less bras than it used to. I wonder where they went???? Since our bra tree is right off the lift it is very easy to throw a bra up there as the lift goes up. There are some Mardi Gras type necklaces too.

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I noticed yesterday that our bra tree has a lots less bras than it used to. I wonder where they went???? Since our bra tree is right off the lift it is very easy to throw a bra up there as the lift goes up. There are some Mardi Gras type necklaces too.

I confess these bra trees make me think of Mardi Gras: hordes of testosterone-soaked men screaming "Show us your tits!" and hordes of women swapping a flash of their boobs for cheap strings of beads. All sounds like a great idea when you are 23 and drunk, but tends to stale a bit thereafter...

Pandita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
find the bra trees kind of humerous. At one resort I went to it was supposed to insinuate that the chair lift was moving sooooo slow that people had time to "take it off" Although all of the bras that I saw on the tree were not ones that people would normally wear. :D

altagirl

Staff member
They don't offend me or anything, but they're generally pretty ugly after a while. If it somehow stayed nice, like a Christmas tree decorated with lingerie, not a poor tree with weather worn underwear stuck in it...

Atomica

Certified Ski Diva
When I went to Mt. Tremblant last year, I saw a string of stuffed animals strewn up high across one of the green runs. It would have been pretty cute if the rope was less visible and not wrapped around all the heads; instead, it looked like a mass hanging of plush bunnies and Winnie the Poohs! :(

smartjingle

Certified Ski Diva
Yes!! hahahaha I live in Ontario, and at Blue Mountain there are a bunch of trees covered with literally a hundred bras. :P I wonder who put them up there... if they bring an extra with them or not. My nice BF also (jokingly) threatened to throw mine down there, so I'm not too fond of them.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We've had bra trees here at Park City. Various hideous bras are found there. Last year, our boss brought one down from the tree to the lower lift to be "disposed of". It was a hideous hot pink number in about a 40DD size. We were rolling on the ground when he brought it down - imagine a very strict (former Marine Corps drill instructor) skiing down the hill with this thing!!! Well, it's still around, but not on the tree. It keeps making appearances at the various liftie parties we have!!! Someone is always wearing it as "outerwear" :fear:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga