• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boots/injury/ frustration help

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Another not-inconsequential point to be made is that Zipfit liners can cost almost as much as new boots, so instead of trying to "fix' whatever issues you're having in your old, probably-too-big boots, why not start from scratch with a recommended, and trusted bootfitter, who will not only find the correct boot for your current foot situation, but will also be able to keep tweaking them (all new boots need some tweaking) until they're perfect.

marzNC

Angel Diva
do I need to just get used to boots again? Should I give them another try without the new liners? This is all so aggravating because I really don’t know where I’d be/what I *should* be feeling because it’s such early days. Feeling annoyed with my body/injuries/impatience at recovery and also at my tendency to jump to solutions and not wait. Argh. Any input welcome!
If you can't get things right, and can't return the Zipfit liners, see if those liners could be used in the future in other boots.

Good luck!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Did I miss it? What boot are you in?

Also, with all your recovery, has your weight changed?

If you went to a fitter who sells zipfits, chances are its a good shop because most shops that Zipfit works with tend to be capable of setting them up.

I'm happy to help troubleshoot, but keep in mind that hands on is the only real way to bootfit.

Last edited:

beane

Certified Ski Diva
Did I miss it? What boot are you in?

Also, with all your recovery, has your weight changed?

If you went to a fitter who sells zipfits, chances are its a good shop because most shops that Zipfit works with tend to be capable of setting them up.

I'm happy to help troubleshoot, but keep in mind that hands on is the only real way to bootfit.
I’m in Tecnica Mach1 LV. Weight has gone up maybe 5lbs. I was at Olympic boot works but made an appt at start haus for tomorrow.
I can def return the zip fits if not needed, so that’s good.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I wear a size 10 shoe and I think I’m in a 24.5. but, a 10 almost always measures 26.5 on the mondo thing. I vouched for the smaller size and it is a phenomenal fit.

beane

Certified Ski Diva
Hmmmm very interesting! Will see how tomorrow goes and report back. I’m skiing in them with stock liners right now (demoing SA 88s) and feel ok.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Who are you seeing Start Haus? @SnowHot may/should know them.
I worked at start house back as a beginning bootfitter in 2010-11.
I know Jared and Greg, both of whom are good bootfitters. Jim Schaffner, who started Start Haus is retired, but will occasionally go in for a specific boot appointment with an estabilshed customer with history.
Jim is a pedorthist so he has a ton more knowledge than the average bootfitter.
You won't likely get him but I'd start with Greg and go from there.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m in Tecnica Mach1 LV. Weight has gone up maybe 5lbs. I was at Olympic boot works but made an appt at start haus for tomorrow.
I can def return the zip fits if not needed, so that’s good.
Both of those shops are highly qualified to fit you. The problem from shops like that can be based on who you get as a fitter.
If you feel a need to reach out to me direct, let me know.
I fit out of our own space in Reno. We don't sell boots but we do custom work and can also recommend the right boot.

beane

Certified Ski Diva
Both of those shops are highly qualified to fit you. The problem from shops like that can be based on who you get as a fitter.
I fit out of our own space in Reno. We don't sell boots but we do custom work and can also recommend the right boot.
Ok thanks! Hoping I get some answers tomorrow.

mustski

Angel Diva
@beane You just hit gold right here! @SnowHot told me what boot to buy and she and her husband both worked on my boots. It’s the first time in 30 years ( and 5 boot fitters) that a boot fits well. It changed my ski life!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna