• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot Help: Tongue Pain

newbieM

Angel Diva
I think I know that exact feeling you're describing!

Beginning of the season I took my 10+yo Daleboots in to their Salt Lake shop to get some relief, and wrap liners were the answer. It made a huge difference! I ski until the leg muscles crap out now rather than pushing my pain threshold. Replacing my liners wasn't cheap, but it was cheaper than new boots.
Yeah, I suspect in the long-term that’s what I’m going to need to do. I’m hoping it’s the last piece of this very complicated puzzle.

UrFriendlyBootfitter

Diva in Training
Sounds like it might just be a matter of adding some foam to the sensitive areas. There is also a lot of plastic in the tongue of that liner, likely it could be grinded away with a dremel.

UrFriendlyBootfitter

Diva in Training
Sounds like it might just be a matter of adding some foam to the sensitive areas. There is also a lot of plastic in the tongue of that liner, likely it could be grinded away with a dremel.
also, if you have tiny calves, and you have to do the boots up really tight, combined with a tongue liner with thick plastic, results in so much overlapping plastic over the shins, and can cause shin pressure points.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna