• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot Doc Neoprene Footcover

surlyliz

Diva in Training
Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Boot Doc Neoprene Footcovers? I've just discovered them over here and as I've been getting cold feet this season wondered if they might just be the magic ticket ! I have the Lenz Heated Socks but I dont like them as I find them too bulky in my ski boots which are VERY snug fitting which is probably the reason my toes are soooo cold :brr: I'm just a bit worried they might take up too much space in my boots seeing as they fit over the liners.
I started using them last season and found they helped a bit, but I found the way they cover the buckles inconvenient. Both instructors at the Women's Series at Sugarbush (which I highly recommend) swore by them. I ended up going back to using stick-on foot warmers after a few weeks, but keep them in my bag for backup or if it's really cold. But, I have really low volume feet, so even with a great boot fit I've got room for a foot warmer on top of my toes.

The best think I learned for keeping my feet warm is wearing a thinner sock and waiting to put them on when I get to the mountain and am booting up. It reduces the moisture trapped in the sock if you're not wearing them in your toasty car on the way to the mountain. I also started wearing compression ski socks last year and think they help both with keeping my toes warm and recovery.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I started using them last season and found they helped a bit, but I found the way they cover the buckles inconvenient. Both instructors at the Women's Series at Sugarbush (which I highly recommend) swore by them. I ended up going back to using stick-on foot warmers after a few weeks, but keep them in my bag for backup or if it's really cold. But, I have really low volume feet, so even with a great boot fit I've got room for a foot warmer on top of my toes.

The best think I learned for keeping my feet warm is wearing a thinner sock and waiting to put them on when I get to the mountain and am booting up. It reduces the moisture trapped in the sock if you're not wearing them in your toasty car on the way to the mountain. I also started wearing compression ski socks last year and think they help both with keeping my toes warm and recovery.
She is not talking about boot covers, footcovers.

Lol

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I used them all last year with a hand warmer crammed in underneath. They didn’t help that much, but definitely a bit. You need to get the hand warmers fresh air every so often.

Reactions: AJM

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've seen a ski instructor at my local wearing the Maski boot covers this season - the first time I've seen them in real life. I'm still tempted to try ordering a pair, the design looks so handy for having warm feet while still being able to fiddle with buckles a lot!

That reminds me - @scandium how did it go with the potential Seventh Wave boot covers?

Reactions: AJM

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've seen a ski instructor at my local wearing the Maski boot covers this season - the first time I've seen them in real life. I'm still tempted to try ordering a pair, the design looks so handy for having warm feet while still being able to fiddle with buckles a lot!

That reminds me - @scandium how did it go with the potential Seventh Wave boot covers?
They've done a prototype pair that one their staff members tested, and will hopefully be making me a pink and purple pair with velcro soon!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So they've done me a prototype pink pair (without velcro buckle access) which actually look awesome and may work for my mother as she doesn't tend to touch her lower buckles quite as much. Just waiting for them to reply about whether they're happy for me to post photos here!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aside from the cover, these seem pretty similar to the Boot Glove...are there any other differences between them?
Locally made so I don't have to pay international shipping! That's quite a big deal for us as we normally pay LOTS for international shipping as NZ is so far away. I'm planning to ask if they can do velcro for lower buckle access for my own pair.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Aside from the cover, these seem pretty similar to the Boot Glove...are there any other differences between them?

Actually those look like they fix a fatal design flaw of the boot glove imo. The strap underneath is not in a spot that you walk on. That's how my bootgloves eventually end up dying, I've always wished they would move that strap back!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is the strap more forward on the bootgloves to hold the toe portion in closer contact to the shell? In which case dots of Velcro on the underside of the neoprene and the counterpart self adhesive for the wearer to stick on their boots if wanted?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Seirus makes a boot glove with the strap that's back under the arch of the boot, assuming the boot sole has an arch. That strap lasts and lasts, not like the Boot Gloves. The toe area does not lift up.

The Seirus ones are black, however.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oooh, a non black boot cover!
They have multiple colours of neoprene even though you can only see black/red/blue wetsuits in the background!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@AJM and @fgor I'm told that if you go into the store/phone, you can arrange to meet with Sarah at Seventh Wave if you are interested in getting a pair of your own and they can custom make them to your boot. The pink ones are still in their shop as I haven't paid for them yet!

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@AJM and @fgor I'm told that if you go into the store/phone, you can arrange to meet with Sarah at Seventh Wave if you are interested in getting a pair of your own and they can custom make them to your boot. The pink ones are still in their shop as I haven't paid for them yet!

Ohhhh brillliant :smile:

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Locally made so I don't have to pay international shipping! That's quite a big deal for us as we normally pay LOTS for international shipping as NZ is so far away. I'm planning to ask if they can do velcro for lower buckle access for my own pair.
Was just thinking about these again, were they able to do ones with velcro/zip for the lower buckle access at all? I've been seriously thinking about getting some boot gloves but I really fiddle with my lower buckles a *lot*, and I went and had another look at the maski2 ones from Japan (which have zips for the lower buckles), but they don't seem to be in stock anymore on the Japanese site :(

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Was just thinking about these again, were they able to do ones with velcro/zip for the lower buckle access at all? I've been seriously thinking about getting some boot gloves but I really fiddle with my lower buckles a *lot*, and I went and had another look at the maski2 ones from Japan (which have zips for the lower buckles), but they don't seem to be in stock anymore on the Japanese site :(
I actually haven't followed that up yet! I'll have to email them again. They did say it would be more likely to be velcro than a zip, I assume because most of their zips are larger and longer due to them being a wetsuit brand. I did end up purchasing the pink pair from the photo which are a great fit on my mum's boots (BSL 286mm) and I think I would ask them to make my own pair a bit smaller.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna