• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot Doc Neoprene Footcover

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Boot Doc Neoprene Footcovers? I've just discovered them over here and as I've been getting cold feet this season wondered if they might just be the magic ticket ! I have the Lenz Heated Socks but I dont like them as I find them too bulky in my ski boots which are VERY snug fitting which is probably the reason my toes are soooo cold :brr: I'm just a bit worried they might take up too much space in my boots seeing as they fit over the liners.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I enquired with Seventh Wave about whether they could do the ones that go over the boots (like Maski / Boot Glove / Bootaclava rather than anything in the shell) as I've been getting very wet feet this trip. I'm not used to being IN the snow this much. I'm also wondering if the neoprene outer will help with the snow that builds up on the front of my boot, sticks in the buckles then makes my liners wet. Such a novelty for me at this time of year, normally it's hard snow and packed off piste!

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I enquired with Seventh Wave about whether they could do the ones that go over the boots (like Maski / Boot Glove / Bootaclava rather than anything in the shell) as I've been getting very wet feet this trip. I'm not used to being IN the snow this much. I'm also wondering if the neoprene outer will help with the snow that builds up on the front of my boot, sticks in the buckles then makes my liners wet. Such a novelty for me at this time of year, normally it's hard snow and packed off piste!
I think you can get the over boot ones here, I'm sure I've seen them online somewhere. I liked the idea of the Boot Doc ones as I'm always fiddling with my boots and the over boot ones would be a bit inconvenient. I do usually get cold toes but this season it seems to be worse probably because its been a lot colder. The snow this season has been spectacular down here fingers crossed the Nth Island gets some soon :snow:

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think you can get the over boot ones here, I'm sure I've seen them online somewhere. I liked the idea of the Boot Doc ones as I'm always fiddling with my boots and the over boot ones would be a bit inconvenient. I do usually get cold toes but this season it seems to be worse probably because its been a lot colder. The snow this season has been spectacular down here fingers crossed the Nth Island gets some soon :snow:
Yeah, I don't want the ones you can't access your bottom buckles from - Maski has a zip I believe.

Reactions: AJM

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, I don't want the ones you can't access your bottom buckles from - Maski has a zip I believe.
Yeah, the Maski ones look very interesting to me for that reason - IIRC, one or two divas here bought some from Japan at some point?

Jilly

Staff member
I used Boot Glove for years. The only draw back I had was the strap that goes under the boot wears with walking to the lift from the parking lot. I suppose I could have use "cat claws" but I never had any room to put those in a jacket or up my pant leg gaiter.

If you fiddle with your buckles during the day forget any ones of these.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Update !! As there was nothing on TV or Netflix last night I had a play around with a pair of thin Nike trainer socks over my liners to see if I would have enough room in my boots for the neoprene covers and the answer is a resounding NO. I can see how they could be good if you suffered from cold feet AND needed to take up some volume in the ski boot so I guess I'll just have to suck it up and continue with cold feet.

Jenny

Angel Diva
They go over the liners? I've never used them, but I thought they all went over the outside of the boot.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Update !! As there was nothing on TV or Netflix last night I had a play around with a pair of thin Nike trainer socks over my liners to see if I would have enough room in my boots for the neoprene covers and the answer is a resounding NO. I can see how they could be good if you suffered from cold feet AND needed to take up some volume in the ski boot so I guess I'll just have to suck it up and continue with cold feet.
Lens makes different thickness of socks. The thinnest one is what I have, which happened to be compression socks. That is not bulky at all.
I also wear heated insoles. The combination make my feet comfortable most of the time. In general, you want to wear the thinnest wool socks.

Last edited:

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got a reply from Seventh Wave! They made up a prototype and really liked the idea. They did say because of being made-to-order in NZ the base price would likely be around $99NZD - but the Maski2 would also come out to around $86NZD with shipping and shopping service fees anyway.

So...I am now asking about colour options and whether their prototype included the option for velcro or zip to access foot buckles. If all goes well I may have some boot covers soon!

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got a reply from Seventh Wave! They made up a prototype and really liked the idea. They did say because of being made-to-order in NZ the base price would likely be around $99NZD - but the Maski2 would also come out to around $86NZD with shipping and shopping service fees anyway.

So...I am now asking about colour options and whether their prototype included the option for velcro or zip to access foot buckles. If all goes well I may have some boot covers soon!
Yay for Seventh Wave :yahoo: Let me know how it all pans out x

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna