• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Booster Straps with Hotronics

MissySki

Angel Diva
I use these aftermarket clips to hold those batteries to my booster straps

Hotronic Slide Strap Brackets​

2cb38165-70c0-436b-91ee-dc76531ed8f7
Same here, very secure!

Jenny

Angel Diva
I bought those clips but my boot strap actually has a buckle that interfered so I use my boot strap with the clip part velcroed in and the batteries kind of on the front of my boot.

MissySki

Angel Diva
@MissySki @liquidfeet so the other ones DO come off sometimes and these are better?

Many years ago I had one pop off while skiing. Then I zip tied the clips to my booster strap as added security before finally finding these clips where they securely click on. I know some use the originals clips and haven’t had an issue, but I just prefer the extra assurance and they are really cheap to add.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Never have my batteries come off . In fact, they can be tricky to get off sometimes! Mine have the wire clips attached to the white batteries. Original equipment.

Christy

Angel Diva
Evo says the brackets make it easier to get to your buckles--is that right?

A quick and easy solution for mounting Hotronic Battery Packs, the Hotronic Slide Strap Brackets fix to the power straps of your ski boots so you can still operate the closure mechanisms on your boots without hassle.

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the clips as shown above and the only place they'd work w the booster for me was the front.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I have the clips as shown above and the only place they'd work w the booster for me was the front.

I have them on Boosters now on the outsides of my boots. I have the Booster pull on the insides of my boots to accommodate that space on the outside for the Hotronics.

altagirl

Staff member
Many years ago I had one pop off while skiing. Then I zip tied the clips to my booster strap as added security before finally finding these clips where they securely click on. I know some use the originals clips and haven’t had an issue, but I just prefer the extra assurance and they are really cheap to add.
I actually lost a hottronic battery pack off my booster strap while skiing and never found it. It was such a huge bummer.

So yeah, better safe than sorry.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I always have my Hotronic batteries clipped on the outside of the Booster, with the Booster's metal thing on the inside. You'll have trouble tightening the Booster's trap if you have the metal on the inside. You need to pull that strap on the outside of your leg to get it tight. Well, I do.

If the bootfitter installs it so that the Hotronic batteries are in the way, have the bootfitter do it again. This is not hard to get right, but I have had a bootfitter flub it up once.
Are you saying to NOT turn the booster backwards to accommodate for the battery pack? If so why not?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are you saying to NOT turn the booster backwards to accommodate for the battery pack? If so why not?
No, I'm not saying that. You can get the booster fitted either way to accommodate the batteries on the outside of the boot. New holes will need to be made in the strap probably either way, but that's no big deal. Consider whether you want to grab and pull on that strap from the outside of the boot, which is the normal way, or from the inside of the boot, which is what you are thinking about doing. Which will be more comfortable for you as you pull?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna