• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Blisters

altagirl

Staff member
Yeah that was my thought at the end of last season, lighter weight and a little softer flex than a woman's alpine boot might be the best option. Of course at that point the option of putting her in AT bindings as well made absolutely no sense as I can't see her making significant use of them to out weigh the cost at her age. I am going to try them on this afternoon and see how the flex feels compared to my boots which are a little too stiff and heavy for her despite the fact we wear the same size :eek:.

Plus.... once she grows out of them, then you can swap the AT soles back on and you have a nice pair of AT boots! ;) How's that for thinking ahead?

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sweet! And maybe by that time she will have grown enough that I have the freedom to enjoy the BC again! Hmmmm....

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Update -
So I did try these on and. Amazing. I could sincerely wear these out of the box. I think they are too stiff for DD but I want a pair. AG did you buy these, if so let us know how they are to ski in.

altagirl

Staff member
Update -
So I did try these on and. Amazing. I could sincerely wear these out of the box. I think they are too stiff for DD but I want a pair. AG did you buy these, if so let us know how they are to ski in.

I did buy them, but I haven't gotten a chance to ski in them yet. But I did feel the same way - that they're the only boot I've ever tried on that I could wear out of the box.

I will be sure to pust a report once I get a chance to ski in them. Unfortunatlely the places I would normally go touring are more dirt than snow at the moment...

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:jealous:

I think the snow is coming...there was a northern low being pushed back by a western high. This a.m. the western sky was filled with wispy horsetail clouds. So hopefully now that the low succeeded it will continue south for you guys down there too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga