• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Black Diamond Recon Pants?

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I must’ve tried on about 10 different jackets at a Patagonia store one day, between the Nano Puff, Nano Air, Down Sweaters and Vests in different sizes, and just couldn’t find anything that fit me comfortably enough.
^^^
This - for some reason I'm not loving the fit of the Patagonia, and its synthetic plumafilll makes an annoying 'noise' when moving. :crazy: Intended use for Atom LT would be to keep warm after skinning up and layering. Its pretty light, and with w/ a down vest and a Patagonia Houdini I should be covered for differentiating touring temps.

@SqueakySnow order the pants yet?

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
On another note, I went to Patagonia today and tried on the Hooded down sweater in an XXS and it is an absolutely perfect fit. Very tempted........ not for skiing necessarily but my around town jacket in Santa Cruz and Tahoe. It's a nice burgundy color.....

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Warning: enabling activity
You could always return them if you didn't like them.

Warning: distracting activity...SQUIRREL!
Here's another article that reviews a bunch of synthetic jackets. I've seen the Arcteryx Atom SL at REI. It is so lightly insulated that I didn't think it was worth the money, at least for skiing. Maybe for another activity if you need super-duper ultra-lightweight. I bought the OR Vashon jacket at REI for layering--on sale, extra discount, yada yada.
https://mountainsforeverybody.com/best-synthetic-insulated-jackets-for-women

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna