• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Bindings for Blizzard Sheeva 10

laurie1020

Certified Ski Diva
Hi Divas! This is such a common question that I’m almost hesitant to post, but…. I’ve looked through the TSD forums and various other online resources and am now in a state of analysis paralysis. I’d love to get your thoughts on bindings for my new Sheeva 10s.

I think I’ve narrowed it down to Tyrolia Attack 14 GW or Marker Squire 11, but am open to others. I‘d like to keep my setup light, but not at the cost of ease of use and durability. I spend resort days skiing somewhat aggressively and equally mellow. I’m 5’7”, 140, and I think pretty strong.

I’m retiring an 11 year old setup of Tyrolia bindings on Rossignol skis and I don’t think much thought went into this selection. That said, I don’t recall having any problems with the Tyrolia and I think my DIN was set properly. Is there any other info I should consider that might help me make the best decision?

beane

Certified Ski Diva
They're both fine and tested to same standards. I have used both and personally prefer the feel of the tyrolias. That could be because when I crashed in the markers they didn't release and I tore my acl, both meniscii, and fractured my tibia... This has led me to decide for my next skis to get the "tyrolia protector" which theoretically releases in more situations to protect the ACL. No idea if they're any good though b/c haven't used yet. Anyway sorry to ramble I think both are fine but my vote would be for the tyrolias.

laurie1020

Certified Ski Diva
@beane Thanks for your vote. I can certainly understand why you’d shy away from Marker after that accident. Hope you’re doing well now.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Look Pivot are also a good option - they tend to be my go-to binding; I went with the Tyrolias in this case because I needed the Rustlers remounted in a hurry and the shop only had the Tyrolias in that size. But they've worked out well so far - feel reassuringly sturdy.

Soujan

Angel Diva
I found this helpful when I was trying to decide on bindings. I ended up with the Look SPX 12 on my Black Crows Orb. The SPX is heavier so probably not what you are looking for.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Before you pick a binding, I'd like to know what your BSL is.
some of the bindigns being suggested can be problematic for someone in a super short BSL.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You should be fine with just about any binding. Its when we get below 280mm that the delta of a binding can be tricky and also when stepping into certain bindings is more difficult because you lose the leverage as you get shorter.

Not that you'll likely need to worry about warranty, but you may want to know that manufacturers who work with a particular binding company will give you an extra year warranty if you mount with a partnered binding. In this case Blizzard partners with Marker.
If you go with the Squire, then see if you can get it with the tcx heel.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I found this helpful when I was trying to decide on bindings. I ended up with the Look SPX 12 on my Black Crows Orb. The SPX is heavier so probably not what you are looking for.

I should add regarding weight - I don't really consider weight for alpine bindings, so not sure if the pivots or attacks are at the heavier end of things (apart from the consideration that the higher the DIN, the heavier the binding as they'll be metal rather than plastic). I skied on Atomic Tracker 16s for a while and they're ridiculous; it felt like my skis were being dragged off my boots if I let my feet dangle on the lift. So anything feels lighter than that. :smile:

laurie1020

Certified Ski Diva
Not that you'll likely need to worry about warranty, but you may want to know that manufacturers who work with a particular binding company will give you an extra year warranty if you mount with a partnered binding. In this case Blizzard partners with Marker.
Good to know. Thanks for all the tips!

SMichael08

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Before you pick a binding, I'd like to know what your BSL is.
some of the bindigns being suggested can be problematic for someone in a super short BSL.
@SnowHot, curious which bindings you find best /most problematic for short BSLs as my current Langes are a 261. I just picked up some Marker Squires to mount on some new K2s as I haven’t loved the Look SPX I have on my Elans.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@SnowHot, curious which bindings you find best /most problematic for short BSLs as my current Langes are a 261. I just picked up some Marker Squires to mount on some new K2s as I haven’t loved the Look SPX I have on my Elans.
The squire is okay in shorter boots like yours if you get the version with the TCX Heel. The original heel design is a little tougher to step into with a short boot. (leverage eh?)

Also, the older Tyrolia Warden 11 had a lot of delta, which made it feel like you almost on high heels.
The newer Warden 11 is better.

Not sure why you didn't get along with the Look SPX, Which Elans do you have?

SMichael08

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The squire is okay in shorter boots like yours if you get the version with the TCX Heel. The original heel design is a little tougher to step into with a short boot. (leverage eh?)

Also, the older Tyrolia Warden 11 had a lot of delta, which made it feel like you almost on high heels.
The newer Warden 11 is better.

Not sure why you didn't get along with the Look SPX, Which Elans do you have?
Good to know, thanks! I have the Elan Wildcat 86CX. I suspect I may need to get the bindings adjusted a touch, but also won’t be skiing the Wildcats super soon as I decided I wanted something bit shorter while I get back in shape. Mostly they feel a bit sticky on the release, but they also seem to have a tendency to ice up which is likely a factor. They aren’t terrible, just annoying enough.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga