• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best trail names.

Gina23

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like the trail name Jabberwocky at Winter Park. It's just fun to say... "I'm going to go ski down Jabberwocky."

Hahaha.

sskier

Certified Ski Diva
Here's a chance to name a ski run. Mammoth Mounatins is constructing a new high-speed six- pack from Eagle lodge to 10,371 feet near Dragon's Black in just over six minutes.
During the month of May anyone can enter unlimted name ideas in a online contest on MammothMountain.com

"Hairbag Alley" ..... in Vail! I love that!
"Oh Sh*t" ....in Vail! Truly what you mutter the whole way down!

On a side note....
We have decided to not number our tables at our wedding reception in December, but instead, we took our picture in front of Ski Run names in Vail that would be appropriate for our ski wedding theme....
Here they are:
Wow!
Forever
Deuces Wild
Cloud Nine
Champagne Glade
Lover's Leap
Hunky Dory
Look Ma!
Gitalong Road
Born Free
Oh Sh*t! (he wants this to be his buddy's table!)
Columbine (our state flower!)

That's kindof fun, right? :smile:

Ice Queen

Certified Ski Diva
I haven't skied it, but I always thought Goat at Stowe is a great name since it seems to tell you a lot about the trail.

joycemocha

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mustang Sally at Timberline. Nice powder blue, rarely run (crosses West Leg Road, very much a green). Due to be made longer with work over the summer.

Stormin' Norman at T-line, run and lift name. Lovely quad, even if I did sacrifice a brand new pole to the ski gods on that lift.

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Chicken's Way Out...Panorama Mountain, BC.
I was on a nice, groomed black run that all of a sudden got very steep, and saw a sign "Chicken's Way Out". I opted to keep going down the run.....I was fine with it and tried it a few more times. The day that I was skiing, it was icy.....glad I had nice sharp edges !

Molly

Certified Ski Diva
Organ Grinder at Sugarbush.

But more than that, it's always seemed to me that some resort should try a little reverse psychology: It might encourage the faint of heart and cut the braggarts down to size if they named the laziest green run "Instant Suicide" and the glarliest double-black "Little Miss Muffett."

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
:bump:

Okemo just had a contest to name its two newest trails, and the winners were White Lightning and Rolling Thunder. Not bad, especially when taken together.

Which reminded me of this thread.

Anyone have anything to add?

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Devil's Crotch: Breckenridge:eek:

numb3rs

Certified Ski Diva
Holiday Valley:
- The Wall (hill that is at about an 80 degree angle so that they can't groom it...only place anywhere near here that can actually have an avalanche)
- Ego Alley (not particularly hard, but it doesn't get enough snow so it's pretty stupid to go down it)

and I want to put ski hill names on tables at my wedding! That is such a great idea :smile:

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Devil's Crotch: Breckenridge:eek:

Ha, you beat me to it! I was just coming to post that one. I've never skiied it, but it's one of my husband's favorite runs and he seems to think it's pretty accurately named!:p

I also like Loco at Beaver Creek. The first time I ever went down it, I really did think I was crazy, but now it's one of my favorite runs!

jaydog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here's a few from WA:

Bomber Bowl and Ka-Wham, at Mission Ridge. (named after a bomber plane that once crashed there)

Snorting Elk Bowl and Mr. Magoo at Crystal Mountain. Mr. Magoo is a blue, but the terrain is such that you can never see very far ahead.

Also at Crystal, a good green run for a Diva: Queens. Accessed from a lift called Forest Queen.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
From the Ummm...okay...Whatever Department:
At Sunday River, Maine:
Top Gun, Risky Business, Right Stuff.
(oooo, look, it's the 80's!!!)

Same resort, from the Shameless Promotion of Corporate Sponsorship Department:
American Express.
(What, no Mastercard/Visa, Discover? I'm leaving.)

gr8outdoors

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hellgate at Hunter Mountain.

Haven't been down it, but my dad always told me to stay away from that trail when I tried (very poorly) to ski as a teenager.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna