• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

"Backyard Skiing"in Virginia

VTskiDiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I didnt make it to Snowshoe this weekend, but the snow gods brought 7 inches of snow to my home in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns in Virginia this weekend. So on Sunday my DH and I got some "powder turns" in on a hill near our house. Here are some pictures for everyone to enjoy. Did anyone else get any "backyard skiing" in this past weekend?

picture.php

The hill (view from our house)

picture.php

My DH clicking in. Look at the VA powder! hehe

picture.php

Yes, I broke out my babies

picture.php

The "lift" aka the 4wheeler coming down the hill

picture.php

View

picture.php

Stopping to take in the view

picture.php

Complete with wildlife (a cow) :laugh:

Jilly

Staff member
Hey, its snow and you can go down! Counts as day 1!
Then again, my local bump is only 225' of vertical. That "backyard" looks almost the same!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice!

I was hiking in Luray Saturday, but I thought more than once that it was unnatural to be descending a slope covered in snow while in my hiking shoes.....

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Very nice!!!! :jealous:

When I was a kid we went to a small hill nearby ... my dad and mom skied for the first time since their where kids. They said the hill is very steep! Today we laugh because the hill was nearly flat ...
Good memories I have from local skiing! And all the walking up the hill kept you fit!:becky:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Wow! Fun --- that snow looks GREAT. :jealous:

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That is such beautiful country. Where are you? DH went to school in Lexington, and we lived in the DC/NOVA area for almost 10 years after university. Glad to be back in CO, of course, but it was a nice experience.

VTskiDiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pinto--We are about 30 minutes north of Lexington. We live just to the southwest of Staunton. We lived in CO for a couple years after we graduated from college and then moved back to Virginia. We miss CO though so we will see where we end up! :smile: It is really pretty around here though (especially in the spring/summer when everything is green and lush)

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pinto--We are about 30 minutes north of Lexington. We live just to the southwest of Staunton. We lived in CO for a couple years after we graduated from college and then moved back to Virginia. We miss CO though so we will see where we end up! :smile: It is really pretty around here though (especially in the spring/summer when everything is green and lush)

Then you must know where I took this pic:

IMG_0318.jpg

We were there the first weekend of May last spring; lush is right!

VTskiDiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
hahah! Oh no not White's! You should have stopped at Mrs. Rowes! Either way finishing that much gravy is a challenge!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
hahah! Oh no not White's! You should have stopped at Mrs. Rowes! Either way finishing that much gravy is a challenge!

Probably should have, but we were there on the 20th college reunion Memory Tour, of course. (The day before, we ate -- at midnight -- jalapeno chili cheese dogs from the convenience store by the fraternities.) Next time we'll try Mrs. Rowes.

I'm going to put down the computer and go make grits now. Yum.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Beautiful country in the snow! Thanks for the pics. :jealous:

We drive up from Raleigh to Massanutten a few times every year. Always pretty no matter what season.

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Beautiful pics; I love the mts anywhere!

(watch out for cow pies under the powder, hehe)

EmilieW

Certified Ski Diva
Loved your photos--we just moved from Virginia (to CO)--those pictures made me miss VA! Is the VT in your screen name for Virginia Tech?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga