• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Are you interested in helping out with The Ski Diva social media?

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I've been neglecting The Ski Diva's social media accounts this summer and I think it's important to get them going again as we roll into ski season. I'm going to be scheduling some posts, but the fact is I just don't really use Facebook or Instagram anymore and it would be amazing to get some help from those of you that do.

If you already spend time looking at skiing / winter / mountain stuff on Instagram or Facebook and would be interested in sometimes re-posting those things from The Ski Diva accounts, post here and I'll reach out to whoever is interested next week to figure out the details.

Also, if you happen to do social media stuff professionally and would be willing to spend 30 min talking to me about how to actually do this well, I would be very grateful! I think this can be a great way to get more members with just a little bit of work.

For reference, the accounts are:

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’d be happy to help out this winter if there is some good input on what exactly is being looked for here. I probably spend way to much time scrolling through ski groups and reels on social media in the winter lol. I think it would be a great tool to bring more women to the site though that we are missing out on. For example, Women Who Ski has a big following now, including Deb Armstrong who will post links to her Youtube videos there etc. And women are always looking for others to ski with and asking questions about gear. I always try to mention Ski Diva in those cases, and I think being able to link to an active social media account on top of the forum would be great!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would love to help but frankly, this is why we have someone to do our social media on SkiTalk.

I just don't have the time or bandwidth that it takes to do it well and our guy who does it is really good at what he is doing.

And don't get me started on @threads
Oy, with Zuckerberg fighting with Musk on Twitter/X, starting Threads is just another thing to have to figure out how to navigate.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here are some things we did when we nailed down someone to help with our social media stuff.
We have Dave, our primary guy and Winks, who fills in when things get a little busier.
We started to have Dave do it for us when we were at trade shows because it was too difficult for us to be in meetings and also posting stuff up on social media channels.
Every time we go to an event, we start a shared album in our apple albums and include me, Phil, Dave and Winks.

This allows them to share on social channels in real time while we're at the event. It has been invaluable to us to do it this way, and allows us to stay engaged in our meetings while they get the followers engaged in what we're doing.

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
I could possibly help as well.

I work in nonprofit marketing, have managed a couple small social media groups, and have run my org's social channels in a transition period in the past but now have a digital content person who does our primary social media management. But I would be happy to chat overall strategy and help out in some way if I can!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, anyone who was interested should theoretically be able to see a "Planning" forum now, which a bunch of misc forum housekeeping posts, where I've started a thread to plan social media stuff. Did I do it right? Only time will tell. :smile:

Thanks again, and anyone else please chime in if you see this later and wouldn't mind helping. :hail:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I couldn't find it. Maybe link to it?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna