• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Are you a Skier or a Boarder?

cinnabon

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm definitely a skier, first and foremost, but I tried to learn to snowboard this past winter. (great ski area employee perk: free group lessons! It's how I learned to ski in the first place) I found it a bit more difficult to get the hang of than skiing. Going down the hill sideways, that takes some getting used to.
Yes it does! I learned to snowboard about 5 years ago because I have been skiing forever and I wanted to try something different. The learning curve was extremely painful, and it took me quite a while to get the hang of it. (Also, this was in VT - snowboard + hardpack =:eek:) Since then, I've spent about 10-20% of my snow days on the board, and I'm a decent intermediate. But I don't feel like I will ever achieve the ability and confidence level I have on skis, where I can go almost anywhere and get down in one piece. But I love the feeling of snowboarding, and would never want to give it up. In powder the board is amazing! I find it much easier than skiing in Pow. I'm moving from the Northeast to UT this summer, and I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy my board a lot more out west.

Someone had commented about the expense of getting equipment for both sports. It's really not so bad. Snowboard equipment is a lot cheaper. I got a board I love years ago, and I feel no need to upgrade or have different boards for different conditions. And the boots are usually less than $200. Not like skiing, where I need 4 different pairs, not to mention the cost of ski boots!

mollmeister

Angel Diva
Skier all the way! I have a hard enough time finding enough ski days to satisfy these days. Not going to spend a few sitting on my tookus! :smile:

I have thought about it, though, because I wakeboard OK.

DH snowboards, good friend skis and snowboards, another good friend just skis.

I am OK with whatever, as long as you have manners.
:eyebrows:

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm a skier, most of my regular ski friends are skiers, but a lot of my other friends are boarders. The ones I ski with a few times a years only. I've tried boarding twice. I'm too much in love with my skiing to really try to get the hang of boarding. When I got tired of alpine skis I swapped to telemark for a while, and when my knees refused to work properly I swapped back to Alpine again.

QA1

Certified Ski Diva
I am a skier. About 10 yrs ago, I was hot to learn snowboarding. I pointed out the delights of snowboarding to my friend,as we rode the lift at Vail/Beaver Creek ( I wanted someone to take lessons with me). As a snowboarder happened to be carving smoothly beneath us, I took the opportunity to say "Look how much fun that is!". He promptly fell on his neck and flipped. Gross! What bad timing. So snowboarding never really worked for me after that. My friends are mostly skiers (9), one really good skier who prefers to snowboard, a boarder who switched after a bad concussion, and (5) "never skied" boarder party girls! It's all good! dancing:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga