• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Apps for tracking vertical

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use an altimeter because until last season I didn't own a smartphone. (Last year I still used my flip phone because it's less bulky, more durable and way easier to answer than this darn smartphone which I am forcing myself to use this season) The altimeter is made by Brunton and every year I compare it in the beginning of the season to the lift vertical for each lift I ride for 10-20 days to make sure it's within my accuracy goals. If I find it isn't, I put in a new battery and that usually helps. I also compare that to what the ski area has in case I lose track of my runs. Over time, it's within 5% of the lift vertical. Usually closer. I start and stop it in the locker room each day. I've been tracking vertical since 1989. I don't care about all the routes and maps and speeds of the smartphone apps, so it does what I need it to do and it's not draining a phone battery.

captain_hug99

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also use garmin fenix 5s. I have used Strava when cycling and it’s free. There’s an option for downhill alpine I believe...! I haven’t used in awhile but I would guess it’s decent :smile:
I came here to see when I missed the strava update for skiing, it seems that this is new!

I used to use SkiTracks until I found the downhill alpine part of Strava. I LOVE it already! Not only does it track my vertical, it also gives me an analysis of my speed throughout the run. It even talks to fitbit and myfitnesspal. Now I have one app to rule them all, well sort of.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna