• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Apps for tracking vertical

CindiSue

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My resort doesn't use RFID and this is my first year with a full pass where I plan to do a lot of skiing. So I downloaded all the android apps I could find to track my vertical. I found:

Ski App Lite - This one starts a new run every time you stop which I didn't like, even makes chairlift rides a separate event. Wasn't digging it.
Ski Tracker, Sportler
These 2 seem fine but they report COMPLETELY different results. Yesterday for example, Sportler was 16852 vertical downhill, and Ski Tracker was 31732.
Anybody use these and have any idea why?
Any others I should try?

I also ran into a cool product called Carv that you put in your ski boots and it coaches you. https://getcarv.com/coaching Looks intriguing!

CindiSue

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have you calibrated it's accuracy against your lift elevations? Mine just make no sense and I can't figure it out.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My Garmin (Fenix 5s) seems to be accurate just from my quick approximations. My DH has a Garmin Vivoactive 3 that also seems to be good. The Ski Tracks app also seems agree. Have never done any real precise comparisons.
At one time I used a generic app with my old watch and it would combine the lift and the runs in its totals. I could dig into the data to get just my downhill, but that was not very convenient so I gave up on that.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also have a Garmin Fenix 5s - it's much more accurate now that I updated the satellite info (had it for about 18 months before I ran any updates and got some very interesting data from it such as a 140kmh top speed while glade skiing). The vertical I get on runs ties up with the info provided by the ski hill.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Also use garmin fenix 5s. I have used Strava when cycling and it’s free. There’s an option for downhill alpine I believe...! I haven’t used in awhile but I would guess it’s decent :smile:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use a Garmin as well. Vivoactive 4s. I'm also a Strava user for MTB season, so all my ski data is shared with Strava.

cskis88

Certified Ski Diva
I used I think trace snow last year? But this year I am using Slopes....and so far I like it.

I use Slopes as well. Thumbs up.

Getting Ready

Angel Diva
Slopes is working great for my daughter and myself. Not working for my son at all. I think this is because he doesn’t have a phone just and Apple Watch. He does have an iPad but the data doesn’t seem to go from the watch to the iPad the way it does with the phone. I have to google to see if it is a setting I can fix.

Jilly

Staff member
Has anyone seen or used "snoww"? The reviews at the app installation are not good, so wondering if these were just people that didn't do something right.

SamShady

Diva in Training
Has anyone seen or used "snoww"? The reviews at the app installation are not good, so wondering if these were just people that didn't do something right.
I use it. I started using it when I went on a ski trip with a big group and it was helpful to find each other on the mountain if we got separated. But it also tracks stats, etc. I like it.

CindiSue

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use it. I started using it when I went on a ski trip with a big group and it was helpful to find each other on the mountain if we got separated. But it also tracks stats, etc. I like it.
The reviews make it sound very unstable. Are you iphone or android?

Jilly

Staff member
I have android, but as you read the reviews too, I'm skeptical. Yet the advertising that I saw had the page that belongs to a friend's son....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna