• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Alert: spammer emails

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good morning,
I received 3 emails from the website that looked like someone replied to a thread I was following: "VickiK, jody Scimone replied to a thread you are watching at TheSkiDiva.com."
The content was suspiciously like an advertisement, but otherwise the email looked like it was coming from skidiva.com. When I clicked on the Reply button, I was taken to the thread, but there was no post by jody Scimone, it was a pretty old thread too. I figure this is spam. I didn't want to tag it as spam, because all legit emails from skidiva would be marked as spam too.

The content is this:
"Hello, you need to check out SkiXtreme @ www.skixtremeworkout.com
this machine is amazing!! Works legs,butt,core and balance FAST! 15 mins every other day have toned and strenthen my SKI body! Being in shape is your best bet for skiing!!! This Machine has a ankle workout!"

I'll send ski diva a document that has some screenshots. I'm just deleting these emails for the time being.

Jilly

Staff member
MOD note:

VickiK - thanks, I deleted all the posts this morning because as you say its spam. If anyone has set up email notifications, you will still get the email, so just ignore it.

Skise

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The e-mails were legit the spam part was someone posting that reply to several threads.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for letting me know about this. I think we've been lucky so far; we haven't had this happen before. I've deleted the offender's membership, so we should be okay.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga