• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

a proud mom moment: my 4 year old can ski!

mango

Diva in Training
my 4 year old was totally clueless last year. this year she has much better balance but still couldn't do it - until last week! she seemed to just suddenly clicked and then started to do snow ploughs. she can stop, turn and slow down. woohoo!

btw, DH was teaching her - she didn't want to go to ski school.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Watch out! Soon you won't be able to keep up with her;)

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats

How exciting! Of all the years I've been skiing, skiing with my daughter and watching her progress has been the most fulfilling.
You are truly at the beginning of one of the best adventures in life
enjoy.

Squaw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
it is SO much fun when they begin to get it, both in terms of ski skills and mind/heart enthusiasm.

I'll pass on a tip learned from a friend, and it worked with our kids: stop for the day when they still want more!

Enjoy every minute

Jen

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awesome. It's always great to see the moment where the lightbulb appears over someone's head (adults included), and everything's more fun with 4 year olds!

smpayne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That is such a emotional moment.:D

I remember almost crying when I saw my boys skiing and having a great time. The next big moment is when they learn to really parallel ski. Watching my youngest move from snowplows to full speed parallel was awsome (the older one is still in snowplow turns).

Next year, she would probably really enjoy the ski school with all the other kids.

valli

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We've had some lightbulb moments recently with our 4yro too. Just this last trip she got comfortable on the blue runs and is much more relaxed.

Squaw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
smpayne said:
That is such a emotional moment.:D

I remember almost crying when I saw my boys skiing and having a great time. The next big moment is when they learn to really parallel ski. Watching my youngest move from snowplows to full speed parallel was awsome (the older one is still in snowplow turns).

Next year, she would probably really enjoy the ski school with all the other kids.

:D I cried when I looked back and saw our oldest on the chairlift with her dad. I'm more of a softy than spring slush.
Jen

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga