• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

5+ Feet of Fluffy Powder

C

CMCM

Incredible ski day on Tuesday.....over 5 feet of fluffy, light as air powder. I couldn't believe it, just absolutely fabulous skiing, clear, not windy, blue sky mixed with clouds, all the great runs now open because the base was enough, and really not very crowded, especially on the runs I was using. And ohhhhh, that powder. We skied for 5 straight hours and then when we got home we were absolutely exhausted, drop dead exhausted. Went to bed and slept for over 10 hours, unusual for me! These days don't happen often! :dance: :ski2: :clap:

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ah! How did you see???

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
That was my first thought. Did you really sink 5 feet in? I am so NOT a powder skier - I hope to conquer it this season.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snorkel time!!!

C

CMCM

No no no, I wasn't skiing in 5 feet of it, but the trails I was on were groomed with a LOT of light fluffy stuff on top. The non-groomed stuff was incredible, and I was seeing boarders in it on the steeps above their waists! I'm not ready for that stuff yet, but what I was in was fabulous, you just float through it. Fantastic! Last night dumped another 2 feet on everything, plus more today and tonight. The faucets are on across the whole west coast, Seattle to Portland to down here in the Sierras. Squaw's cumulative total thus far is 147 inches, and that's quite remarkable for late December. This bodes well for a year that dumps 627+ inches like it did a few years ago when the last snowfall was end of May, and you could ski into June! Here's hoping!

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
HOLY COW!

I am back on the sticks on the 31st (or the 30th if the timing is right). Can't wait! Don't think I'll have powder like that though. Sadly, I am in SF right now, so Sunday night I will be flying over the Rockies on the way back to the Alps...

abc

Banned
Ok, about the snorkles. Does that actually help???
I'm waiting for someone who actually use it to tell the difference. But I kind of doubt it.

The way a snorkle is shaped, it extend a foot BEHIND you, not ABOVE you (when you snorkle, you're floating face down, that's why the snorkle actually face straight back from your head, not up on top of your head)

So if you're being blasted by snow from the front, the snorkle could potentially help you. But then, anything that block the wind in front of your mouth (pulling up your scarf?) would do the same trick just as well. And if the snow is over your head, the snorkle wouldn't do you much good in getting any air in from above the snow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna