• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2023-2024 - Movies!!

Christy

Angel Diva
Another friend's movie just got selected for the Banff Mountain Film Festival. Check out 'Going Greenland' a short film about skiing in Greenland from a solar powered sail boat. They do talk about the environmental footprint of getting there in the first place. She does combine her trips with guided work trips. She is my mentor and amazing leader in the ski world for women and also women of color.

I think you might have given me the push I need to get tickets for the Seattle showing of the Banff Mountain Film festival. I've really burned out on people documenting their own "invented hard things" (long distance trail speed records, skiing all the X in Y) but the Banff offerings all sound really good and not like that at all.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think you might have given me the push I need to get tickets for the Seattle showing of the Banff Mountain Film festival. I've really burned out on people documenting their own "invented hard things" (long distance trail speed records, skiing all the X in Y) but the Banff offerings all sound really good and not like that at all.
This film is a little bit of an invented hard thing, but ultimately intended to inspire.

I particularly love it that both athletes are women skiers.

Being on board a solar powered sail boat in the far northern reaches of our planet to ski, is for certain a human invention and their adventure was very hard in ways I won't divulge, but I confess to my own bias when close friends are the ones doing the documenting.

I miss going to the Banff film festival tours.

Basil

Certified Ski Diva
This one looks pretty refreshing. Can only watch so many "people under the age of 25 ski things I will never ski" movies.

Jackie's from Sunday River. She's around my age. Her dad bought a condo in the 90s at the same time/place/building that my parents did. Her dad is a "character". I wouldn't say we knew them well, but interacted enough that some things her dad said and did became part of our shared memories, in a kind of funny/outrageous way :smile:

I think it's AWESOME that she went on to develop the career that she did, and I am totally looking forward to seeing this movie.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Looks like the Banff film festival comes to Burlington Vermont in March 29-30, 2024 -- seen here but I'm not seeing it on the skirack website

The Banff film festival also comes to Lebanon New Hampshire (close to White River Junction Vermont) on Feb 17 2024 link here (although the Banff website says Feb 16)

Soujan

Angel Diva

I wish the new Warren Miller movie was playing closer to me

Soujan

Angel Diva
I love watching the Mediocre Amateur channel on YouTube. They're multi-sport. Ski touring, trail running, mountaineering. Danny's dry humor really makes the videos entertaining. Below is one of their videos.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
@PamGoodley and everyone else, “here hold my kid” has been released and it’s free to watch on red bull:

elemmac

Angel Diva
Here’s a short TNF video on YouTube about a few badass ladies that went on an expedition to Baffin Island in Canada. Amazing tribute to Hilaree Nelson and the inspiration she was to the ladies she shared this trip with.

Soujan

Angel Diva
@PamGoodley and everyone else, “here hold my kid” has been released and it’s free to watch on red bull:

Got halfway through and I couldn't finish it. It's pretty cringe all around. It's supposed to be funny but it's just super forced. Very unfortunate.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@jthree I did as well. I really liked Advice for Girls. Some room for growth in the interview sound quality and lack of stories versus repetitive positive encouragement, but such an important film.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I just saw Advice For Girls. Great to see all the women and girls featured. Made me realize how "bro-y" some ski movies can be. I hope you all get a chance to see it! I also want to see the Hold My Kid movie at some point.
I really want to see Advice for Girls. Unfortunately I missed all of the showings near me, so I think I have to wait until it can be purchased another way unfortunately.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@elemmac pretty much crying as I watched the Northface movie with Hilaree. Thanks for the link.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Thanks @elemmac for sharing!

For the here hold my kid, I knew going into it, it would be on the ridiculous side and was fine with that. So yes agreed on the cringe but also it knows it’s ridiculous. It reminds me of Katie Burrell a touch.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I really enjoyed Earthside, we have a friend who's recuperating from a shoulder op so he's spending his time watching ski/movies and sending me the links, I have a few to get through :laughter: Some are better than others, Earthside is in the "better" camp.

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Really enjoyed this short less than 6 min film featuring Marcus Caston filmed at Nordic Valley in Utah. For anyone that ever spent any amount of time night skiing at a smaller ski resort it'll certainly give you some nostalgia :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna