• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2023-2024 - Movies!!

Jerez

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Attended the first ever Winter Park Film Festival recently. There were some amazing films, not all ski related, but quite a few were, and many featuring women athletes.

Two that were exceptional were;

The Blonds, a ski film about a posse of women extreme skiers
Not the official trailer but a cut from an early draft on TGR:

Dreama Team, a film about a single mom ultra marathoner.
Official trailer

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So sad to miss out on the Advice for Girls premiere, especially as I am friends with three of the women. One is older than me, one a recent new mom and one is finishing up HS. I think it is more about the message than the "performance" though I suspect there will be something from r everyone in terms of the visuals.

Another friend's movie just got selected for the Banff Mountain Film Festival. Check out 'Going Greenland' a short film about skiing in Greenland from a solar powered sail boat. They do talk about the environmental footprint of getting there in the first place. She does combine her trips with guided work trips. She is my mentor and amazing leader in the ski world for women and also women of color.

Last edited:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This one looks pretty refreshing. Can only watch so many "people under the age of 25 ski things I will never ski" movies.

I'm with you on this one. Totally on board with seeing this movie.

To be honest, I've grown tired of the general ski movie stoke beause its all kind of the same same.

I love when I see something fresh with a new twist.
I really love Elyse!
Remember when Elyse was one of the coaches for the Next Level Camp?

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

This link @Jilly posted is for a showing at Higher Ground in South Burlington, Vermont (my hometown!) on Sunday Nov 12th. @ilovepugs, @echo_VT, @empogo, @ski diva, and anyone else who wants to travel to VT, want to meet up?

@RachelV's trailer link doesn't work for me but here is a link to the movie website which has the trailer and other info: https://www.adviceforgirlsfilm.com/. It looks really awesome!

Jilly

Staff member
Jilly Katie Burrell is a Canadian comedian who makes hilarious videos about her life as a "Professional Leisure Athelete". Anyone follow her on Instagram? I know she's got a film in the works too.
Yes....I've seen her somewhere on line. I'll keep an eye out for a film.
We don't get too many of the ski films in Canada. Unless you're in Vancouver, Calgary or Montreal. The Warren Miller films used to do all the ski shows, but even those are falling by the wayside.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna