• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diva East and West 2023-2024

TheGreenOne

Angel Diva
I love the idea of Jay for Diva East.

I didn't get to go this year, but they are returning to Indy for next season...which may be last time they are on Indy since they are PGRI now.

Also wanted to check out Sutton/Owls -- or that could always be the backup plan when the Jay's infamous sideways wind shuts everything down. I think every Jay trip I've been on had wind-holds for some and all-lifts once (except carpet).

shadoj

Angel Diva
Ooh, Steamboat is intriguing, as I'd like to visit my sister/parents in Grand Junction next winter... and if I'm already there, I can probably figure out ground transport! I've got a couple days at Sunlight Mountain via Indy pass, too :smile:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looking at the Ikon pass prices, will I be able to get away with a Base pass for Diva West or do I need a full Ikon?

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
It does look to be limited on both the Base and Base+ passes:
Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 10.59.11 AM.png

5 days should be fine, though? Even if some people ski 6 days, Steamboat is a lovely place to take a day off. Multiple choices for hot springs, a great town, tubing and stuff at Howelsen in town, etc etc. It's also a 2 hour drive to Copper if the weather's good and you're feeling particularly ambitious. :smile:

(I'm just going to keep editing this post with things to do in Steamboat. ;) )

OR! If you're feeling splurge-y, this operation books up ridiculously early, but it's often possible to snag a last minute seat as a single person: https://www.steamboatpowdercats.com/

It's also a 40-min drive to Bluebird Backcountry, which I have never checked out but is supposed to be a lovely place to get a feel for touring, or just tour with no stress if you're already experienced and have the gear: https://bluebirdbackcountry.com

Last edited:

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
It's also a 40-min drive to Bluebird Backcountry, which I have never checked out but is supposed to be a lovely place to get a feel for touring, or just tour with no stress if you're already experienced and have the gear: https://bluebirdbackcountry.com
Ah, now you’re starting to sell me on steamboat for next year. It’s a great mountain, I just am not 100% sure I want to go versus other options/ideas for next winter.

mustski

Angel Diva
We live Steamboat but earlier in the season. Last time we went, it was the first week of March and full spring conditions. I know that can happen and still be unusual. Does anyone know when the temps warm up at Steamboat? I know it’s lower altitude.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Spending a day skiing at Howelsen Hill could be great fun.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It does look to be limited on both the Base and Base+ passes:
View attachment 21148

5 days should be fine, though? Even if some people ski 6 days, Steamboat is a lovely place to take a day off. Multiple choices for hot springs, a great town, tubing and stuff at Howelsen in town, etc etc. It's also a 2 hour drive to Copper if the weather's good and you're feeling particularly ambitious. :smile:

My IKON Base pass only gave me 5 days at Taos this year, so I ended up buying an extra day during Diva West. With dynamic pricing, the cost of each day differed depending on the day of the week or how far in advance it was purchased. I bought it for a Wednesday and pretty far in advance, so it wasn't that bad.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
For the first time ever, I'm buying the IKON pass and the EPIC pass..Epic is a no brainer for me (and really no issues with crowds as I only ski weekdays) as have a timeshare at base of Gondola at Heavenly and BF's family house to stay at Northstar or friend in Tahoe City... Price goes up for IKON on April 21 so any idea when Diva West will be? There's a chance of a possible conflict with trips and basically buying the IKON for Steamboat trip....

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I'm honestly thinking of getting the Ikon 4 day pass ($439 right now) and using all 4 days at Steamboat, then just hitting up the hot springs or going to Howelson or something for a day or two. That might work for you, and you could always use the 4 days at Palisades or Mammoth if you miss Steamboat?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm honestly thinking of getting the Ikon 4 day pass ($439 right now) and using all 4 days at Steamboat, then just hitting up the hot springs or going to Howelson or something for a day or two. That might work for you, and you could always use the 4 days at Palisades or Mammoth if you miss Steamboat?
Yes I've been thinking about that as well.........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga