• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diva East and West 2023-2024

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I was in Steamboat in January about 10 years ago and it was SUPER cold, like Jay cold. I’ve skied there 3-4 times and actually did the Powdercats trip as well. The cat was new and wasn’t functioning properly so we didn’t get more then 2 runs. It was disappointing but we didn’t have to pay so that made it better. I’m actually a bit disappointed by the resort choice as I always prefer to try somewhere new but it sounds like it’s been decided already.
What did you have in mind ???? Just curious.... I always buy Epic for obvious reasons (timeshare @ heavenly, BF's family house I can use @ Northstar), and originally was hoping for Telluride or Crested Butte (been to both places only once) or Whistler (been there many times), but everyone seems to want an Ikon resort so finally broke down and bought two passes....
That being said, I am planning on going to Steamboat !

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I was in Steamboat in January about 10 years ago and it was SUPER cold, like Jay cold. I’ve skied there 3-4 times and actually did the Powdercats trip as well. The cat was new and wasn’t functioning properly so we didn’t get more then 2 runs. It was disappointing but we didn’t have to pay so that made it better. I’m actually a bit disappointed by the resort choice as I always prefer to try somewhere new but it sounds like it’s been decided already.

Yeah, it's tough finding a place that's new for everyone. And weather is weird -- one year it's super cold, one year not.

Hope you come, though.

MissySki

Angel Diva
What did you have in mind ???? Just curious.... I always buy Epic for obvious reasons (timeshare @ heavenly, BF's family house I can use @ Northstar), and originally was hoping for Telluride or Crested Butte (been to both places only once) or Whistler (been there many times), but everyone seems to want an Ikon resort so finally broke down and bought two passes....
That being said, I am planning on going to Steamboat !
I had personally been hoping for Banff, which is also Ikon. But I may just go there on my own anyway.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I had personally been hoping for Banff, which is also Ikon. But I may just go there on my own anyway.
I thought it was going to be Banff, secretly hoping for Telluride or Crested Butte, but happy with Steamboat. I travel a lot on my own to ski so it's fun and somewhat new for me to ski with Divas .

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yeah, I haven't been to Steamboat either, so that's fine. The timing might be what throws me off, but we'll see. I love skiing with Divas! :smile:
Oh, but I have been to Steamboat! We don't know the timing yet, though. I've been most places I want to go. I know that sounds funny, but then I'm not exactly a youngster..... if you get my drift :wink:

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@santacruz skier i was hoping for an ikon resort for sure. Copper, Solitude, Alta, Winter park, A basin. Idk there are so many listed. I haven’t looked into them specifically just like new places. I’d LOVE Whistler but, ikon……

IKam

Certified Ski Diva
I've never been on a Diva East or a Diva West. How does it work? Is there a group rate for lodging, transportation (although I live in the midwest so...), meals, lessons, etc.?

Jenny

Angel Diva
I've never been on a Diva East or a Diva West. How does it work? Is there a group rate for lodging, transportation (although I live in the midwest so...), meals, lessons, etc.?
Not really. We all just show up at the same place and ski together, for the most part. Small groups form and reform, we try meet at lunch and to have a group dinner or two. Very casual.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And very fun. More organized Divas sometimes coordinate lodging or when feasible carpool. But more than that is like herding kittens. However this approach allows everyone to tailor the experience to their wants/ needs/ schedule/ budget/ whim/ fancy/ .......

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm super excited to go to Steamboat again. I really liked that mountain! We may add on a few days before or after and hit Copper also. Copper is one of my all time favorite ski mountains.
Are you guys driving?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
For the heck of it, I've been looking at Steamboat lodging.... Yikes it is pricey !

Tennessee

Angel Diva
Just for the heck of it I looked at Storm Meadows Tonwhomes at Steamboat. They are some of the best ski in / ski out at Steamboat and they have been there forever (since I lived there in 1981) so thought they might be reasonable. Yikes is right !

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Just for the heck of it I looked at Storm Meadows Tonwhomes at Steamboat. They are some of the best ski in / ski out at Steamboat and they have been there forever (since I lived there in 1981) so thought they might be reasonable. Yikes is right !
$800 a night for a studio.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Idk if anyone has timeshare points but RCI does have condos in town (on the shuttle) at Steamboat.
Good to know but I use my timeshare every year at Heavenly.... it's across the street from the Gondola. Literally.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna