• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski outfits

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Newbie asking -
How often does everyone show up in different combos? Some of us have ski quivers - do we also have the wardrobe to match them too? I personally use the same jacket and bib combo though have multiple thermal undergarments and socks. As it gets warmer, I just shed undergarments - I run cold and have been known to wear three layers. Of course this is just my first year. I bought some new bibs, but returned them to get new boots that fit me. Still time though, sales are still going so maybe I need to work on my collection :bounce:

leia1979

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have 2.5 outfits. One for warmer weather and one for colder. And then a jacket I picked up at a ski & snowboard show years ago that I'm not sure I've ever worn and now have decided I don't like it.

Warmer outfit: Super lightweight shell jacket and non insulated pants - a kind of loud purple and white outfit from Volcom. This gets the most use because I can layer under it and tend to get warm.

Colder outfit: Just upgraded last weekend as I am replacing a very old heavy jacket and gave away my insulated pants years ago because they were too small. New outfit is a Columbia Whirlibird jacket with a removable inner jacket so it's more versatile and coordinating Columbia insulated pants. The pants are NEON coral pants, and I love them.

I'd love to find a (non-insulated) bib that goes with the new jacket, too, for in-between conditions. Keeping an eye out for something magenta. Why yes, I am pretty easy to find on the hill. :smile:

leia1979

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's probably close. They're brighter than the website shows--I kept seeing them in the store but didn't know what would go with them, and then I miraculously found a single jacket, and it was in my size. The inner jacket is also this color. I would look like a traffic cone in both!

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's probably close. They're brighter than the website shows--I kept seeing them in the store but didn't know what would go with them, and then I miraculously found a single jacket, and it was in my size. The inner jacket is also this color. I would look like a traffic cone in both!

Yup - neon sunrise. Hey, I figure the louder you can make yourself on the slopes, less likely to get hit, so WIN! Color is super fun looking as well, nice choice!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So on a good year I would maybe make it to 20-30 days skiing. I own 3 jackets (shiny, daily, cold day) and 5 pairs of pants (pleather, Burton denim, spring, daily, cold day).

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So on a good year I would maybe make it to 20-30 days skiing. I own 3 jackets (shiny, daily, cold day) and 5 pairs of pants (pleather, Burton denim, spring, daily, cold day).
Sounds like I need to get on those sales!

xxs_skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yup - neon sunrise. Hey, I figure the louder you can make yourself on the slopes, less likely to get hit, so WIN! Color is super fun looking as well, nice choice!
I actually want to get a very bright jacket and pants and dress my kids the same way so that they're easier to spot. My husband has a neon green HH jacket that makes him easy to see -- it's actually how @Cantabrigienne found us on the mountain!

Amie H

Angel Diva
I have a Spring combo: Gore-tex hardshell/midlayer jacket/Eddie Bauer rain pants over merino knickers. And a deep Winter combo: insulated knickers, insulated waterproof pants, merino base layer, merino mid layer, and my "ugly" insulated jacket (unflattering boxy fit bc I sized up bc of my bust size, but its very comfortable.) I also have a pair of Gore tex ski touring pants I got last year from Backcountry on sale. Those I use for Cross Country skiing and they work very well in that application no matter the weather.

Probably won't have a chance to wear the Spring kit this season unless I do Tahoe in July!

I always keep my eyes open for a new jacket, but I'm very picky AND not that easy to fit.

Moonrocket

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I used to wear the same thing all the time for years on end. Then I had a daughter. She needed a new coat almost every year. They came in fun bright colors.

It started to seem like a good idea to get new coats in fun colors. Now I have quite a few.

I actually have a new pair of ski pants I ordered in route now - and it’s my second pair of the year. (I love Mammut pants and I got an uninsulated pair for a hut trip cheap on campsaver and then I saw an insulated pair and the waterproofing has run out on my insulated ones- I’ve tried the spray etc. but I decided to just replace them.)

I have not bought any new coats this year- but I did last year.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^ Looks great, that'd be a fun game to put together!

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^ Looks great, that'd be a fun game to put together!
I'd love to see anyone else who wants to share! Of course I wasn't really planning to do it, but I draw such inspiration from my Yumis... Love at first demo and all that!

Cantabrigienne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@xxs_skier - it wasn't just your husband's jacket, it was the combo of really tall dad, small mum, & 2 kids that was the confirmation. Your own jacket is pretty easy to spot because it's highly patterned.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I dunno why, but somehow skiing in pleather pants sounds... chafing to me!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna