• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski outfits

leia1979

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@VickiK that outfit is soooooo cute! This forum has introduced me to new brands of ski clothes--I've never heard of Bogner before.

@TiffAlt I love the coordination. I previously had skis, bindings, boots, poles, helmet, and goggles that were all shimmer white. Kinda bummed my new boots and skis are boring black and white.

My purple outfit is fairly coordinated. I couldn't find a photo of the pants, but they're the purple & pink pattern on the jacket. The helmet doesn't really go with my other outfit, but oh well.
1680284789988.png

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm looking for an app to create capsule wardrobe views, for next time. @leia1979 Bogner is probably not as technical as most outerwear brands are these days (lots of metallic, fur, animal prints, etc) but they've been around for a long time. p.s. I like your purple ombre look too.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@VickiK that outfit is soooooo cute! This forum has introduced me to new brands of ski clothes--I've never heard of Bogner before.

@TiffAlt I love the coordination. I previously had skis, bindings, boots, poles, helmet, and goggles that were all shimmer white. Kinda bummed my new boots and skis are boring black and white.

My purple outfit is fairly coordinated. I couldn't find a photo of the pants, but they're the purple & pink pattern on the jacket. The helmet doesn't really go with my other outfit, but oh well.
View attachment 20973
I LOVE purple - I think that looks so nice. I think the helmet goes - all shades of purple with the black and white of your boots and ski looks pretty spiffy in my mind!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@TiffAlt I should have said, that's a fantasy capsule, none of it is mine. As for the Rangers, I am a Fischer ski fan. The pink ski is = to the gray ski, they're unisex underneath the tops.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@TiffAlt I should have said, that's a fantasy capsule, none of it is mine. As for the Rangers, I am a Fischer ski fan. The pink ski is = to the gray ski, they're unisex underneath the tops.
Ahh, I get it. Still a beautiful capsule!!!! The Fischers he's looking at are like mango yellow, soooo pretty.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Newbie asking -
How often does everyone show up in different combos? Some of us have ski quivers - do we also have the wardrobe to match them too?
This has me laughing at myself. I am a shameless collector of skiwear. At any given time I can have up to 15 jackets and nearly as many pants/bibs. I just ordered 2 more pairs of pants yesterday b/c I had an expiring certificate. I cycle through my goods by hitting the ski swaps in October. I like to grab bargains at the close of the season and then sell them for a bit of a profit.

In the interest of providing myself an excuse for this excess, I don't buy other clothing unless I'm desperate. Most of my work wardrobe is 12-18 years old. Some of my shoes are approaching their 30th birthday. I wear sweaters that originally belonged to my father. My weakness is ski clothing.

To get back to @TiffAlt's original question, I switch out and mix and match outfits all the time. It is a bit of a joke among my ski buds -- no one ever knows what I'll show up in. Of course I do have my favorites, e.g., my bright orange Arcteryx jacket for low light days and rain, and my new Montec side zip with the super high collar that I can sink into on cold days.

On the way to me as we speak are a pair of hot pink insulated pants (I can't recall the brand, but had to have the color - can't you just see them with the orange Arcteryx??!!), and a pair of gray tweedy-ish North Face pants. The gray will go with everything, and I'm tired of wearing so much black. I have something made by almost every brand out there if you include mid- and base layers (except Bogner - I have an aversion to Bogner that goes back decades).

In short, @TiffAlt , hold on to your wallet; the adventure has just begun. :smile:

Last edited:

Jilly

Staff member
I'm rotating through 2 different get ups right now. Depends on the temperature. My avalanche suit is much warmer than my Mountain Warehouse. But the MW is drier. The Avalanche suit is a Raspberry jacket and soft grey pant. That jacket has the most pockets I've ever seen. The Mountain Warehouse is black with turquoise pants and zippers.

I have a complete Salomon suit for sale. The pants are a medium blue and the jacket is midnight blue. It just looks like a big bruise. And it's too tight. Bought through a shop deal back before Covid. So it's going up for sale next fall.

JayZeeSquared

Certified Ski Diva
My one and only fit is so boring lol black jacket, black snow pants, black boots, black gloves, white helmet, white goggles, white skis. The only color I have is my olive green over the helmet hood. I have to focus funds on new equipment so I'll be wearing the same thing for another season. At least it all matches so I can't complain about that. My husband says it's too hard to pick me out in the slopes/crowd so I would love some bright colors. Thankfully I'm able to find him easily with his outfit. :smile:

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have 2 jackets. A blue insulated one that I use most of the season and a bright green shell that comes out on warmer days. I have about 13 pairs of pants----but have several favorite pairs so those get pretty much all the use. Purple pants, pink pants and aqua pants are my favorite insulated ones and then raspberry ones are my favorite spring/shell pants.
I have taken to just picking a pair of pants to use for the season now that I only ski half the days I used to--one less thing that has to be washed in the end.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My one and only fit is so boring lol black jacket, black snow pants, black boots, black gloves, white helmet, white goggles, white skis. The only color I have is my olive green over the helmet hood. I have to focus funds on new equipment so I'll be wearing the same thing for another season. At least it all matches so I can't complain about that. My husband says it's too hard to pick me out in the slopes/crowd so I would love some bright colors. Thankfully I'm able to find him easily with his outfit. :smile:
You could always just get a colorful gaiter or something in the interim. Equipment first definitely. But when you're ready, have you ever considered pattern if you want to stay black and white? Like this is Bogner that @leia1979 is liking lately:

1680295317784.png

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have 2 jackets. A blue insulated one that I use most of the season and a bright green shell that comes out on warmer days. I have about 13 pairs of pants----but have several favorite pairs so those get pretty much all the use. Purple pants, pink pants and aqua pants are my favorite insulated ones and then raspberry ones are my favorite spring/shell pants.
I have taken to just picking a pair of pants to use for the season now that I only ski half the days I used to--one less thing that has to be washed in the end.
Definitely makes deciding what to wear super easy. I am adding to my ski outfit quiver for the first time and hope indecisiveness does not wear me out!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I get bored wearing the same thing all the time, so I have four ski outfits and just cycle among them, depending on my mood and the weather.

Take a look:

Obermeyer jacket, Sunice pants.

tempImageFX5Tk6.png

Obermeyer jacket, Obermeyer pants:

tempImageWpTkwL.png

Sunice jacket, Patagonia pants. (I want to buy a new pink jacket, but I'm having trouble finding one.)

tempImageIcpF8D.png

Patagonia jacket, Patagonia pants.

tempImagert1kyp.png

I also have some plain color pants (black & gray) that I can wear with these jackets, but they're not worth posting here.

yecatstrip

Certified Ski Diva
This is typically me on a ski daily basis: Picture Organic bib, NF hard shell and layer underneath depending on the weather. I'd really love to find something a bit more figure flattering but practical.

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-19 at 4.12.28 PM.jpeg

However, I was on a shopping rampage yesterday trying to find a new ski kit because 1) it's my birthday soon and 2) end of season sales.

Hello Farm Rio - big fan of an obnoxious print :thumbsup: Who knows what the actual quality and practicality is, but something inside me just tells me that I know I'll love it once it comes in.

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 09-21-29 Farm Rio Graphic Toucans Ski Pants.png

Also a big fan of the hot pink/magenta kits coming out, or neon anything. Found this cute Goldbergh duo, but (again) who knows if I'm actually going to keep this one.

goldbergh-skikit.jpg

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I get bored wearing the same thing all the time, so I have four ski outfits and just cycle among them, depending on my mood and the weather.

Take a look:

View attachment 20978

View attachment 20980

Sunice jacket, Patagonia pants. (I want to buy a new pink jacket, but I'm having trouble finding one.)

View attachment 20981

View attachment 20983

I also have some plain color pants (black & gray) that I can wear with these jackets, but they're not worth posting here.
Where’s your blue Patagonia shell?

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Take a look:

View attachment 20978

View attachment 20980

View attachment 20981

View attachment 20983

1680301910900.png

So I'm hearing 3 jackets is better than 2... shoot, I am going to have to pace myself, LMAO.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is typically me on a ski daily basis: Picture Organic bib, NF hard shell and layer underneath depending on the weather. I'd really love to find something a bit more figure flattering but practical.

View attachment 20979

However, I was on a shopping rampage yesterday trying to find a new ski kit because 1) it's my birthday soon and 2) end of season sales.

Hello Farm Rio - big fan of an obnoxious print :thumbsup: Who knows what the actual quality and practicality is, but something inside me just tells me that I know I'll love it once it comes in.

View attachment 20982

Also a big fan of the hot pink/magenta kits coming out, or neon anything. Found this cute Goldbergh duo, but (again) who knows if I'm actually going to keep this one.

View attachment 20984

Fashion goddess :hail:

If anyone hits you in the pink, it is 100% their fault no questions asked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna