• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I bought this on SAC just a few minutes ago.
Do I need it? No
Am I excited about it? Well, yeah!!!
TRIBAS.jpg

Please tell me I'm not alone. :redface:
I cannot see any photo..... And what the heck is SAC???

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, this thread goes back to 2008! Which is probably why you can't see the picture. It's just not available anymore.

SAC is SteepandCheap.com, an online retailer that's owned by Backcountry. They sell limited-time, limited inventory pieces of outdoor gear -- clothing, accessories, equipment. Good stuff for not a lot of money.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
SAC is SteepandCheap.com, an online retailer that's owned by Backcountry. They sell limited-time, limited inventory pieces of outdoor gear -- clothing, accessories, equipment. Good stuff for not a lot of money.
Thank you! I shop at Steep and Cheap and I was still trying to figure out what SAC stood for.

alison wong

Angel Diva
@newboots... the Dune had a sleeve zipper
@newboots: just want to call out....
Based on the photo, I think:
Dune is a half zip jacket, not full zip. It might not be as easy to take it off.
Therefore I prefer the Doom coz it is full zip and the asymmetrical zip is appealing.

Also, does need equal to want? If not, does it justify your (impulse) purchase?

If I like something, few weeks / months later, if I still think about it, and if I look at it again, I still like it...... then I will buy it and usually it will be a "keeper".

alison wong

Angel Diva
I am officially stalking the Doom now also. I really like the colors left in my size too!
In terms of color from Montec, I like the red the most. But it is only available in Dune. Since I already have a bright red/orange jacket, I will pass.

As for Doom, I like the burgundy color and black color.
Black is more "versatile" and especially looks sharp w/ white color pants.
Burgundy matches well w/ grey color pants
Likely, I will get the Doom black.

This is the Dune in red:
Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 7.33.33 PM.png

This is the Doom in burgundy. Their ski pants is well made, just noticed.
Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 7.32.28 PM.png

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just pulled the trigger on a Flylow Billie jacket. I couldn’t resist the sale & feel like I wear my shell way more often than my insulated jacket these days, so why not have another shell option, right? :becky: I wanted another Patagonia shell, but have to say, Flylow had MUCH better colors (ended up with Plum). What is with Patagonia & Arcteryx ..their colors are really drab lately?!. I was also considering the Flylow Foxy bibs, but still sitting on those; would love to be able to try them on; not sure that will happen, considering it is end of season. I’ll save that post for the Pants Sluts thread :tongue: These damn end of season sales get me every time ...looking at you Steep & Cheap!!

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In terms of color from Montec, I like the red the most. But it is only available in Dune. Since I already have a bright red/orange jacket, I will pass.

As for Doom, I like the burgundy color and black color.
Black is more "versatile" and especially looks sharp w/ white color pants.
Burgundy matches well w/ grey color pants
Likely, I will get the Doom black.

This is the Dune in red:
View attachment 15403

This is the Doom in burgundy. Their ski pants is well made, just noticed.
View attachment 15404

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I just pulled the trigger on a Flylow Billie jacket. I couldn’t resist the sale & feel like I wear my shell way more often than my insulated jacket these days, so why not have another shell option, right? :becky: I wanted another Patagonia shell, but have to say, Flylow had MUCH better colors (ended up with Plum). What is with Patagonia & Arcteryx ..their colors are really drab lately?!. I was also considering the Flylow Foxy bibs, but still sitting on those; would love to be able to try them on; not sure that will happen, considering it is end of season. I’ll save that post for the Pants Sluts thread :tongue: These damn end of season sales get me every time ...looking at you Steep & Cheap!!
I have the Flylow Foxy bibs in Lupine color and absolutely love them. Just saying.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Flylow does such cute womens outerwear!! :smile: I keep admiring the Billie Coat jacket from afar. I have a pair of their Foxy bibs and I like them, if they do another colour I like in the Moxie bibs I could end up with a second pair of Flylow bibs.... (i secretly think some sort of pink would look killer with my teal jacket...)

(my only problem with the Foxy bibs is that the legs are too long and thigh pockets are a bit low for me, so the stuff in the thigh pockets kinda hit my knees which isnt the end of the world but it's not optimal, the Moxie looks to have pockets higher up on the thigh. Though I see their bibs do sometimes come in a "short" measurement, which might also work for me and my shorter legs...)

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
@Luvs2ski ... you’re right on both counts...the Patagonia colors this year were zzzzzz.....
And if you click on that Montec site, you’re in trouble.

But... this is a jacket slut thread, so mayyyyyyybeeee just a peek?

:rotf:

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Flylow does such cute womens outerwear!! :smile: I keep admiring the Billie Coat jacket from afar. I have a pair of their Foxy bibs and I like them, if they do another colour I like in the Moxie bibs I could end up with a second pair of Flylow bibs.... (i secretly think some sort of pink would look killer with my teal jacket...)

(my only problem with the Foxy bibs is that the legs are too long and thigh pockets are a bit low for me, so the stuff in the thigh pockets kinda hit my knees which isnt the end of the world but it's not optimal, the Moxie looks to have pockets higher up on the thigh. Though I see their bibs do sometimes come in a "short" measurement, which might also work for me and my shorter legs...)
The jacket gets great reviews, so definitely caught my attention. I know there is another post about bibs here on the forum ...seems a few divas have the Flylow bibs (both Moxie & Foxy). They have a pink (taffy) that I love, but I think it’s only in the foxy. Hoping next season brings some more fun colors! @santacruz skier ...the lupine is a gorgeous color (Evo has them on sale, but not sure I can do the XS).

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
The jacket gets great reviews, so definitely caught my attention. I know there is another post about bibs here on the forum ...seems a few divas have the Flylow bibs (both Moxie & Foxy). They have a pink (taffy) that I love, but I think it’s only in the foxy. Hoping next season brings some more fun colors! @santacruz skier ...the lupine is a gorgeous color (Evo has them on sale, but not sure I can do the XS).
I got the XS and they are a perfect fit and not too long (hard to believe).
However, they are somewhat fitted so I don't look like Michelin Man, but I'd be in trouble if I put on weight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga