• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I didn’t go look at the cost but it would have to be free for me to wear that.

to look that much like a bag lady I might need someone to pay me to put that on! I figure I will look like that eventually when I don’t pay attention at all anymore! Because I do recall some pretty awful things my mother wore because they were in expensive!

newboots

Angel Diva
Actually “cost” was a typo; it was supposed to say “coat.” It reminded me of that other hideous one posted earlier. Is making a woman look like she is going out for Halloween dressed as a grapefruit the new fashion? Or tomato? Easter egg?

Andu9tim

Diva in Training
Hello ladies! I'm new here.I've been searching for a castelbajac jacket and I swear I saw it on this thread (In 2012 I think lol).I randomly put up a vintage castelbajac rossignol suit and I'm missing the jacket so bad.. any help please?
First is a picture of the jacket I'm looking for.... second pic is me!!! I found the pants at a flea market for *gasp* 20 dollars and tracked the top on eBay

Attachments

• received_270353427319965.jpeg
    received_270353427319965.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20200804_222515_468.jpg
    IMG_20200804_222515_468.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 35

gingerjess

Angel Diva
Hello ladies! I'm new here.I've been searching for a castelbajac jacket and I swear I saw it on this thread (In 2012 I think lol).I randomly put up a vintage castelbajac rossignol suit and I'm missing the jacket so bad.. any help please?
First is a picture of the jacket I'm looking for.... second pic is me!!! I found the pants at a flea market for *gasp* 20 dollars and tracked the top on eBay

I wonder if you might have been looking at this place in the thread, around page 69? It looks like some pictures @SnowHot posted may have been lost to the sands of time, but she posted a picture of a jacket she had that others described as a JCC "Grafitti". I think she's still intermittently around here.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Think I saw that vintage pattern at the Rossignol store in St Moritz a couple years ago.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Warmest jacket I think I have ever tried on and it has my required crazy long sleeves. Last year’s color (dark blue with pale aqua zipper) at nearly 60% off! Woot woot.

A80AC834-0977-4950-BA40-12687AB70295.jpeg

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Jacket slut divas... i heard the BEST story this week. Friend of a friend is a jacket slut and has several daughters. So, she buys jackets and sticks them in the “jacket closet” ... girls just take the jackets from the closet, wear them as long as they want, and then they can go back in the closet when they’re ready for a change.

Brilliant. I’m a little jealous, tbh. I don’t think ONE girl child and living in a 90 year old bungalow is going to give me the right structure to effect jacket slutting at that epic level.

kiki

Angel Diva
Jacket slut divas... i heard the BEST story this week. Friend of a friend is a jacket slut and has several daughters. So, she buys jackets and sticks them in the “jacket closet” ... girls just take the jackets from the closet, wear them as long as they want, and then they can go back in the closet when they’re ready for a change.

Brilliant. I’m a little jealous, tbh. I don’t think ONE girl child and living in a 90 year old bungalow is going to give me the right structure to effect jacket slutting at that epic level.
My grandma had closets like this for us. We were many grandchildren with all the cousins and there were coats and shoes and clothes we could trade out when visiting. It was really nice

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I too am jealous.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
FYI... saw that Eddie Bauer has a down mid layer type jacket for $33 on clearance. I’m having them hold one at my local store to try on, will report back, but if you want a down layer, their clearance colors (either limited sizes or pattern) are $66 with half off for clearance today. It packs into a little tube/ball so I figure I could throw it into an inner pocket unless i need it? I do hate that layering on requires removing that outer layer, but this way, the down won’t be cold.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I can’t believe it’s almost March! I’ve been eyeing the coats on noize.com. Non-technical, not ski-oriented but they’re a Montreal brand which means warmth AND fa-shun!

My friend owns this winter dominatrix looking coat:
A9FCE617-A548-4CE0-B488-9DAA0C40EC1C.jpeg

I like the cut and style of this coat with the extra large collar/lapel combo and the black contrast piping:
9682D1A1-7B41-466D-BECE-62B3DD0E81AF.jpeg
I also really like the channels on this puffy:
0D54E646-4AF3-4457-998E-FFBA68CF8F0F.jpeg

Anyway, looks like their sizes are starting to sell out, so probably good for my wallet!

MontanaMom

Certified Ski Diva
I officially live you guys!! I have a strange addiction to gear and two little kids. I have 3-4 pairs of snow pants, multiple jackets but only one ski jacket. I keep looking at skis, costs, pants, bib, goggles, gloves. It's an addiction. I just rarely let myself pull the trigger. These end of season sales have me saying I NEED a new ski coat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna