• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New boots, sizing and flex

CindiSue

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skied today on the new boot. Wasn't the kids 70 after all, I guess that was the one that was too small. So it was a junior 90. Don't have them in front of me so can't give the exact model. But they felt good and I was able to get them on and off (with some effort). So I skied a bit and they definitely seem good. It was snowing hard and very low visibility on most of the mountain so I didn't ski steep, but in the easy stuff it finally felt like the boot was a part of my leg and I didn't have to think about it or work hard. Yea!

So we decided to keep going with those. He's continuing to work on them tonight, grinding the bottom angle so my knees align, adding plates to the bottom. I'm heading to Aspen tomorrow (first time) so I was thinking I was insane to start this process, but I think I'll be fine. Cross fingers! When I return he's going to add even more padding in some areas and re-make my footbeds. At first he said mine were "ok" but now he wants to give me a softer one since I have no padding on my first metatarsil joint.

Anyway, I agree, there's nothing better than a bootfitter, especially a local one you can keep going back to. This was Brent Hansen at SkiTec in Ketchum ID.

CindiSue

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
BTW I learned today that while my foot is very narrow, especially the heel which is amazingly small circumference and narrow, I actually have a tall / high instep, which probably contributes to the difficulty making the "l" turn to get my foot into boots.

Also I can see my previous message is a little confusing if you didn't follow the whole thread closely, so to clarify, I did start over with a new boot and liner..

marzNC

Angel Diva
So we decided to keep going with those. He's continuing to work on them tonight, grinding the bottom angle so my knees align, adding plates to the bottom. I'm heading to Aspen tomorrow (first time) so I was thinking I was insane to start this process, but I think I'll be fine. Cross fingers! When I return he's going to add even more padding in some areas and re-make my footbeds. At first he said mine were "ok" but now he wants to give me a softer one since I have no padding on my first metatarsil joint.

Anyway, I agree, there's nothing better than a bootfitter, especially a local one you can keep going back to. This was Brent Hansen at SkiTec in Ketchum ID
Hadn't been reading . . . sorry to have missed that you are in Sun Valley. We just skied a couple days there. Heading to Aspen on Feb. 2. How long are you staying there?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna