Yes, I am capable of appreciating summer sports. Michael Phelps is amazing. And Dara Torres has become a personal hero of mine (41 years old! She rocks!).
So here are some of my random thoughts about the Olympics:
- Wasn’t that the most riveting opening ceremony ever? Stunning. Incredible. Eye-popping. These don’t even begin to describe it. If you haven’t seen it, find a way. You won’t be sorry.
- Michael Phelps is incredible. Probably the best swimmer of all time.That said, I wish NBC wasn’t turning its coverage into the Michael Phelps Show. I mean, there are plenty of other athletes there, too. It’s a bit much.
- What’s with women’s beach volleyball? Why do they wear bikinis and the men wear shorts and t-shirts? Am I the only one who finds this odd?
- How does one get to be an Olympian in some of these sports
- The American women had a clean sweep at fencing: Gold, Silver, and Bronze! Go USA!!!
- Those synchronized divers are amazing. How do they do it?
- Some of the Chinese women gymnasts look like they’re 8 years old.
All in all, the summer Olympics are an amazing display of what talent, ability, and incredible hard work can do. Every athlete there should be congratulated. I salute them all. And I’ll keep tuning in.