• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Winter Storm heading for Rockies!

RockiesGirl

Certified Ski Diva
I'm guessing we have around 8 inches so far, but I'm confused as they've just upped our forecast from 2 to 5" overnight, and another 2 to 4" tomorrow, to 6 to 12" overnight and another 4 to 8" tomorrow! Not seeing anything on the radar yet to support that, so who knows...

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
These upslope storms are weird as they'll break for a bit and more will come in. From the northeast.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
These upslope storms are weird as they'll break for a bit and more will come in. From the northeast.

Circling, aren't they?

Anyway, my uncle had over 2 ft in Evergreen at 3 pm today.

I'm loving it. :-) We just finished (well, almost finished -- we're functional) a kitchen remodel, so I have a new kitchen in which to spend all day cooking. I was hoping to ski tomorrow, but it looks like the roads might still be too hairy for the relatively little skiing there is available. Maybe, but probably not.

But FRIDAY...

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, they circle in with a counterclockwise flow so while we're used to looking west for what's coming that's not the case with a storm like this. If it had been colder over the last few weeks we'd be looking at even more accumulation as we've had a lot of melting to start this storm.

Wish I could ski with you Friday but I'm planning on Sunday if I don't get sick. The good news is that I started feeling itchy at 2ish and it doesn't seem to be progressing so maybe I'll be able to kick it.

graveygirl

Diva in Training
A few inches in Breckenridge, but hardly anything in the rest of Summit County. I don't know about A-Basin, but I think East of Loveland Pass, and Denver got the most of the storm. More to come, so they say, tonight. Keep your fingers crossed.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Bah, humbug.

Maybe if you divas from Denver to Evergreen started blowing and fanning toward the west, you could push that snow toward the mountains. :attention:

I love the pictures, BTW. Looks so pretty and peaceful.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
ooooohhhhhh! ahhhhhhhhh! Thanks Lady Les and Snowflower for the pics! But, I'm soooooo green with envy!!!!!!! :jealous:

Unusually warm here today and ~finally~ dry, so got back out on the bike after mostly monsoon season for the past week. It was a great day for a ride, but still..... I'm a

green mouse

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I'm snowed in. I could try to make it to town, but I know I won't be able to get back up the hill!! Besides, 90% of my workload today can all be done online...so I'm working from home with the snow coming down hard and the fireplace on!! Here's some pics for you VTskiDiva!
Our deck being buried...
10831_164913088854_678883854_2912851_1618709_n.jpg

And my ruler being buried!

10831_164913458854_678883854_2912852_83857_n.jpg

I'm in Salida, so Central Colorado at about 7,000 feet.

Here's what it looks like now. It 's supposed to snow here all day tomorrow too!

DSC00697.jpg

DSC00698.jpg
I LOVE PICS!!!!!
:yahoo:

Scout

Certified Ski Diva
At 11pm, I measured 21" here and it was still falling!!

Scout

Certified Ski Diva
m

This was taken around 1pm yesterday, we had about 15" at that point I believe. When I went to bed, the bench base was completely covered.

I'm in the Golden foothills so I think we're supposed to get somewhere between 2 and 3 feet by the end of the day tomorrow. :smile:

Scout

Certified Ski Diva
hmm the photo didn't come through..

4054634079_288e3ef7dd.jpg
:doh:

Snowhot Edit: instead of using the link to the page, use the image address "copy image location"

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As much snow as Denver got, it doesn't look like the mountains benefited quite so much. Anyone got a Mountain report?

Snowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It depends on the mountain. As Robyn mentioned this is a circular upslope storm and it rotates in a counter-clockwise direction, so Denver and the foothills got hit hard, then it dried out over the Summit County mountains but picked up speed again by the time it hit us (we're about 2 hrs south of Summit County). So little places like Eldora (on the front side of the storm) and Monarch and Wolf Creek (on the backside of the storm) should be dumped on, but the big resorts won't have gotten as much.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dude. I'm over this. Our lovely HOA has yet to plow us out, and I don't know if I can stand being stuck at home all day with DS again. Sigh. It sure is pretty, though! We've got around a foot, I think. I about lost the dog when I took him out this morning. :becky:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It depends on the mountain. As Robyn mentioned this is a circular upslope storm and it rotates in a counter-clockwise direction, so Denver and the foothills got hit hard, then it dried out over the Summit County mountains but picked up speed again by the time it hit us (we're about 2 hrs south of Summit County). So little places like Eldora (on the front side of the storm) and Monarch and Wolf Creek (on the backside of the storm) should be dumped on, but the big resorts won't have gotten as much.
I know this sounds stupid, but I really like Eldora.
Its just 15 min from my SIL's house and its kinda funky and fun!
Never been ton Monarch, but I hear great things about it.

Loveland is reporting as follows (10/29/09):

Past 24 Hours: 3"
Past 48 Hours: 7"
Past 72 Hours: 7"
Base: 18"
Season to Date: 28"

https://www.skiloveland.com/themountain/reports/snowreport.aspx
Thanks, nice information......
Not that I'm going to do anything with it.

LadyLes

Certified Ski Diva
It's still snowing at my house...there's now about 2 feet!!
This hasn't been the first time that I've wished I could pack up the snow here and take it to the mountains!!:rolleyes:

Here's what the deck currently looks like...

10831_165634418854_678883854_2919397_818256_n.jpg

And the snow on this railing looks so funny!

10831_165635558854_678883854_2919405_5065150_n.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna