• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Winter Storm heading for Rockies!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's coming down pretty hard here. Everythings covered and starting to stick on the street.

We're retired so we can hunker down for the next couple of days.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yep, just took the dog out and it's dumping. I really don't have anything that I *have* to do the next couple of days, but it's tough to run when you're stuck inside and don't have a treadmill! And unlike Robyn, I have to push a stroller through that snow, so that's probably not gonna happen. :becky:

LadyLes

Certified Ski Diva
Well, I'm snowed in. I could try to make it to town, but I know I won't be able to get back up the hill!! Besides, 90% of my workload today can all be done online...so I'm working from home with the snow coming down hard and the fireplace on!! Here's some pics for you VTskiDiva!
Our deck being buried...
10831_164913088854_678883854_2912851_1618709_n.jpg

And my ruler being buried!

10831_164913458854_678883854_2912852_83857_n.jpg

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yep, just took the dog out and it's dumping. I really don't have anything that I *have* to do the next couple of days, but it's tough to run when you're stuck inside and don't have a treadmill! And unlike Robyn, I have to push a stroller through that snow, so that's probably not gonna happen. :becky:

Cross train! :smile:

Jump rope (double, single leg), run stairs, single leg squats, lunges, deadlifts, pushups, bridges, or you can do this workout.

https://www.coreperformance.com/daily/movement/no-weights-no-problem.html

VTskiDiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you LadyLes!!! Thats so exciting! :clap:

I used to live in Denver....I miss the snow and the mountains :(

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think we're going to brave the roads and head to the Y. I really need to *run*, and I don't have a treadmill at home. So, we'll go slow and carefully and keep an eye out for the other guy. And then come home and hunker down for the duration...

LadyLes

Certified Ski Diva
LadyLes - is that a 6" ruler or 12"??

That's a 12"! I left it out there for fun and now I can't even see where I put it! Granted, the crazy wind and blizzard-like conditions are helping to bury it on that corner of the deck. But the snow is just not letting up at all! It's definitely one of those weird Front Range 'upslope' conditions. Too bad my backyard is a little too flat...otherwise I'd be out playing (skiing) in it!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
A-Basin and Loveland are only reporting a few inches. Looks like you may be getting more on your porch, or maybe they just haven't updated their totals? :noidea:

Which ski areas are likely to get the most snow out of this storm?

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The front range is getting hit harder than the mountains at this point, unfortunately. I was watching the news while I was on the treadmill at the Y, and Frisco was pretty clear, not even snowing. Meanwhile, we've got at least 6 inches and still going strong down here in Denver proper. Conditions were worse around the tunnel, so A-Basin and Loveland will probably fare better than the other ski areas, which is fine since none of them are open yet anyway.

tjm235

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A-Basin and Loveland are only reporting a few inches. Looks like you may be getting more on your porch, or maybe they just haven't updated their totals? :noidea:

Which ski areas are likely to get the most snow out of this storm?

Typically huge Denver storms do not translate to lots of snow in the mountains. When Denver gets hammered, it's usually only the Front Range mtns that get much of anything out of it... Eldora, Echo Mtn, sometimes Winter Park, Loveland, and A-basin.. sometimes Monarch does well in these upslopes as well... but for the most part the rest of the ski areas just get moderate snowfall during the Denver dumps. Most of the state got a bit of snow last night, but the heaviest is falling on the front range. It's verrrrry windy in Steamboat right now, snowed a bit last night, but now it's just ferocious winds. These early season storms, although enjoyable to watch, are usually bad news for the rest of the season's snowpack because they just create a weak deep layer and make avy danger pretty bad for the rest of the season... so I am 100% fine with the mountains not being on the big end of the stick with this storm.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In addition to what the other Divas have stated, the totals are generally posted at around 6am so they don't have what has fallend during the day.

LadyLes

Certified Ski Diva
It's true. With these kinds of storms the Denver/Front Range areas get favored, and the mountains don't usually get much. It is rather heartbreaking to see more snow at home than on the mountain cams....oh well. The big mountain storms will come...:snow: Meanwhile, I get a day and a half off work!!:D

Snowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Still coming down here. We have about a 12-15 inches so far and it's still really dumping. I x-c skied into the library and the grocery store this afternoon which was a nice treat!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Still coming down here. We have about a 12-15 inches so far and it's still really dumping. I x-c skied into the library and the grocery store this afternoon which was a nice treat!

Where are you, again?

We have about the same, not too far from downtown Littleton.

Snowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm in Salida, so Central Colorado at about 7,000 feet.

Here's what it looks like now. It 's supposed to snow here all day tomorrow too!

DSC00697.jpg

DSC00698.jpg

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've got about a foot I think. Unfortunately I started with a headache and itchy throat/ears this afternoon so I'm staying in just in case I'm getting something.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna