• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Winter Storm heading for Rockies!

RockiesGirl

Certified Ski Diva
A Winter Storm Watch is in effect from Tuesday evening through Thursday afternoon...

Breckenridge/Keystone: "Snowfall accumulations may range from 10 to 18 inches with locally up to 2 feet possible in some areas."

Vail: "Snowfall of 8 to 16 inches is expected"

They're even forecasting 6-12" down here in south east metro!

Hail the Snow Gods! :drool: :yahoo: :clap:

newskier378

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:D I'm so excited

RockiesGirl

Certified Ski Diva
It's now a Winter Storm Warning!

As expected, we're now upgraded to a Winter Storm Warning!

"Winter Storm Warning now in effect from midnight tonight to 6 PM Thursday..."
Yep! VERY excited!

:D

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm hoping it will hold off long enough for me to get this afternoon's run in and then let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the conditions out there over Thanksgiving might be pretty solid, after all. :D

RockiesGirl

Certified Ski Diva
Looks like the conditions out there over Thanksgiving might be pretty solid, after all. :D

That's what I'm thinking too! Looking forward to our Keystone TG trip even more now!!

You should be OK, Robyn, I don't think it will start with a vengeance until after midnight tonight. :cool:

Snowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It started just before noon at about 9,000 feet here today! It's looking fabulous!

Snowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just checked the latest forecast. Monarch Pass could get up to 2 ft!

RockiesGirl

Certified Ski Diva
I just checked the latest forecast. Monarch Pass could get up to 2 ft!

I'm in Parker and they're forecasting a possible storm total snow accumulation of up to 15 to 20 inches for us. Oh, I do hope they're right...

Take care out there all you Colorado peeps.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm in Parker and they're forecasting a possible storm total snow accumulation of up to 15 to 20 inches for us. Oh, I do hope they're right...

Take care out there all you Colorado peeps.

Same prediction for Lakewood. Looks like we're going to be socked in for a couple of days. Yeah, my nordic gear hasn't made it to the condo yet. My street is rarely plowed, I can ski my neighborhood! :laugh:

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The rain has started here in Denver...not quite cold enough yet for snow. Just what I need for my first "official" week of marathon training...a snowstorm to force me inside onto the dreadmill! Here's hoping it's cleared out by the weekend for my long run...:becky:

whiff

Certified Ski Diva
I am soooo excited. My daily Breckenridge cam watch looked awesome today. Stay safe all you Denver Diva's (early in the year it seems like people forget how to drive in the snow).

RockiesGirl

Certified Ski Diva
They forecast a chance of snow after midnight here, but temp has dropped to 35.2 °F, down 20 degrees in 1.5 hours and we're now seeing... light snow!

Itri. Weekend temps back in the 50's and sunny :cool:

MaryLou

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorta OT: There's a good chance I'll be in Denver for work early Nov., so I could add a day at the end (probably 11/15-17 timeframe) to ski. I've never skied CO and feel it's way to close to pass up. So..what do you think I'll be looking at, snow wise? For reference, I only ski the East, so what Rockies skiers consider tough may be okay for me lol. Enough snow to make a go of it?

LadyLes

Certified Ski Diva
Oh boy...it's snowing pretty hard already at my house...it was rain just an hour ago and now theres already more than an inch on everything...
I live outside of Denver in the foothills...they predict 1-2 ft for where I am!! So, I brought work home just in case. :D (too bad my snow tires aren't here yet...DH is getting his ready right now)

MaryLou

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh boy...it's snowing pretty hard already at my house...it was rain just an hour ago and now theres already more than an inch on everything...
I live outside of Denver in the foothills...they predict 1-2 ft for where I am!! So, I brought work home just in case. :D (too bad my snow tires aren't here yet...DH is getting his ready right now)
Jealous here! Love that feeling of being cooped up in a big snowstorm..enjoy.

RockiesGirl

Certified Ski Diva
Jealous here! Love that feeling of being cooped up in a big snowstorm..enjoy.

Me too! Shopped today and will be cooking up a Winter Warmer Beef Stew tomorrow...!

Definitely aim to ski here if you can, MaryLou. Although you probably won't see CO skiing at its best, as you say, you're too close not to try it. Most of the major resorts (Keystone, Breck, Copper, etc.) will be open (A-Basin and Loveland already are), although according to their website, Vail isn't scheduled to open until Nov 20. Don't forget to let us know when you'll be here as I'm sure there'll be Divas that could meet up with you :smile:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I've had the blinds closed and hadn't looked outside in a couple of hours. Just looked and we've got about 1/2 an inch of very wet snow on the ground now. With the start of rain I'm not amused at the thought of how bad the roads will be in the morning. Hoping for an early release so I can do my first heavy snow run of the year tomorrow afternoon. I love running in the snow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna