• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are you most looking forward to in the '16/'17 season?

Joe Hession, President & CEO of Snow Operating (Terrain Based Learning) will be speaking at our returning instructor meeting at my mountain in 2 weeks. Can't wait.

mountainwest

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What??? I just looked and they did replace it with a quad! That is so disappointing. I loved the Blackfoot lift because it was slow, so it was never busy over on that side, especially on powder days. Now I am kind of bummed.

Yup, this season will be the first with the new quad. I'm also kind of bummed because Blackfoot is my favorite.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Skiing with friends
Anticipating a winter colder and snowier than last year (anything beats last year)
Going to UT and CO with some divas and meeting a few more while there
Skiing on new skis?
And hopefully some spring skiing somewhere with corn snow and soft bumps

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looking forward to... actually skiing this year. A little time on the hill, any snowy bump for that matter, is bound to help with whatever life throws at me, right? Considering a membership at Blue Hills just to get out there again. And a little worried that 3 ski-less years have erased what little bit of ability (or would it be capability?) I had.

adriennemaria

Diva in Training
Hey @adriennemaria, if you want to use your MAX Pass at Tremblant, SkiBam and I are usually available for locals tour!

Actually that goes out to anybody!
Sounds awesome! Thanks :smile:
We went up last year during the OUTRAGEOUSLY COLD Valentine's weekend....since my eyelashes froze, and got the stomach virus during our stay, I did not get to see much of the mountain, lol!
Would love to go back up and actually experience it!

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looking forward to... actually skiing this year. A little time on the hill, any snowy bump for that matter, is bound to help with whatever life throws at me, right? Considering a membership at Blue Hills just to get out there again. And a little worried that 3 ski-less years have erased what little bit of ability (or would it be capability?) I had.

I teach at Blue Hills! Would love to ski with you and would be happy to help knock some of the rust off!

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I teach at Blue Hills! Would love to ski with you and would be happy to help knock some of the rust off!

Also, as someone who did a season with the after 5pm pass (which is a great deal by the way), just be aware that Blue Hills gets used by the local high school ski race teams almost every weeknight. Not a huge deal, but some suggestions: try to avoid the lodge...on race nights it crazy in there. Use the rental building to boot up instead. Also, don't be discouraged by a crazy long lift line, it happens at the start of the night when everyone has to go up to slip/inspect the course, but 20-30 minutes later once the race is underway most kids hang out in the lodge (see above) until its their turn so the lift line dies down. Just use the carpet lifts in the meantime and do some drills over in the empty beginner areas.

The mountain where I work is finally going paperless. We have a new payroll company and we'll have direct deposit available to us, no more paper checks wooh hooh. All paperwork including the safety quiz we need to take can all be completed electronically. Lesson tracking will all be done via tablets 'on the field' so to speak so no more lining up at the end of the day to turn in our tickets from privates and to tell them what groups, etc we taught. Returning instructor meeting this sunday. I'm ready to get some pre-season stoke going. I'm so excited to see my friends whom I haven't seen since March.

Geez, we did that at Tre. Ŷ4Tmblant 8 years ago. I could go on line in the morning and knew what I doing for the day. Group or private lessons etc...Pay was deposited in to my account.....frig you're behind times...

We are definitely behind the times but we are much smaller than Tremblant. The schedule thing is something we were doing last season. I go check the schedule in the am and would know what lineups to show up for private, group etc. I'm just glad to have direct deposit now. That and to have what lessons we teach logged electronicly instead of having to tell them upon check out. Wood hoot :smile:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@surfsnowgirl , I recommend checking your #s against #s reported by the new payroll system, just to make sure they got it right when they switched over.

@surfsnowgirl , I recommend checking your #s against #s reported by the new payroll system, just to make sure they got it right when they switched over.

I agree completely. As people know it gets CRAZY during the height of lesson times plus spontaneous things happen where you might get asked to help out somewhere etc. I do think it would be really hard to catch every lesson everyone's in etc on the fly as it happens. For that part of it I almost prefer checking out every day telling them what I had and seeing them write it down. At someones suggestion last season I started carrying a small notebook to track my lessons to match up against my paycheck and I'll definitely keep doing that. I'm probably most excited about the direct deposit ahh the simple things haha

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm looking forward to it starting.... waiting.... waiting....

Had our returning instructor meeting yesterday and our schedules will be submitted and maintained electronically this year also. We submit our calendar of the 20 days we can do and it gets logged electronically. This also works if we need to change one of our days, we just submit an electronic request and the schedule will be modified. We are a small resort so these little changes might seem silly to some but it's appreciated by us here.

We also had the CEO from Snow Operating (Terrain Based Learning) speak at our meeting yesterday and I'm stoked to get to work with this awesome program a second year in a row.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna