• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are you most looking forward to in the '16/'17 season?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I know, it's August. But still, it's not too early to get your stoke going! :ski:

What are you most looking forward to this coming year?

I am looking forward to taking some task specific lessons and improving as a skier, getting started on my 2nd year instructing, skiing with different people outside of my circle, flying to ski for the first time when I travel to California, Northern Arizona and Banff/Lake Louise and lastly just simply sliding on snow (so over this heat)

W8N2SKI

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Actually focusing on the technical aspects of the sport. I've always had fun skiing, but last year I became a student of the sport for the first time. I'm actually jazzed to work on bumps and hopefully willingly move into more challenging terrain.:ski3:

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well less rocks and more snow would be a great place to start!
I'm hoping there will be enough snow this year so I can try skinning and doing some back country skiing.
Also looking forward to trying out the reopened Tenney Mountain, watched (through Facebook) their year long rehab project. Due to the low snow and a not fully functioning snowmaking system they weren't able to open at all last year, but this year there are promises to reopen this throwback ski area!
Take some PSIA clinics so I can keep working on my level 2.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I'm really looking forward to having my first season pass ever! :yahoo: This is the first year I've afforded myself this luxury since i started skiing, and I definitely intend on making the most use of it possible from November until May. There are also discounts on lessons and clinics with the pass, so I want to do a private or 2, and maybe a ladies only multi-week lesson, get better at trees and bumps. In terms of terrain, last year I started exploring Lake Louise's back bowls and hope to spend a lot more time there. I'm also aiming to cover more terrain at Kicking Horse in some more challenging conditions - here I come CPR ridge!

Jilly

Staff member
Having some fun for sure. Looking at taking the CSIA Women's Edge Camp at Tremblant this year. Also llooking at heading out to WB for Pugski/Epic Gathering. Maybe Diva East depending on when and where.

I took the Condo at Tremblant again this year. So I have the full season pass and it's perks. One of my instructor friends has had enough and will only be skiing this year. I'm looking forward to being able to ski more with her.

Tremblant "tweeted" yesterday 100 days!!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skiing pain free. Due to a peroneal tendonitis injury in Dec. I stopped skiing in early March. Went to PT instead. However, I'm still not healed. Can bike, hike but can't walk barefoot for any length of time or do any jumping.

Today I went back to PT. Ankle joint appeared to be locked, hip weak and SI joint was out of alignment. Got more rehab exercises and will eventually get ski conditioning exercises. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get to ski those fun runs that I missed last season.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Visiting Colorado to ski for the first time in February and taking my Level 2 NZSIA instructors certification course.I just passed my level 1 course(woohooo!!!) and wish I'd booked the late season level 2 before it filled up(doh!!).[/QUO

call your Assoc. here in US they sometimes have cancellations and maybe you can get into that level 2 this year! Congrats on Level 1~

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well I hope it's only a temporary thing, so I don't want to waste the money! I'll probably just wear my husband's ski pants until I fit back into them. (Yes, my husband and I sometimes share ski pants. We are tiny people)

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Honestly, I'm not sure. Skiing my new Kastles? I think last year was such an odd season with barely any lessons and mabye 14? 15? ski days total for me... but in a good way, I think it dialed down my hyper type A self a bit. So I'm gonna ski, try out my new to me Kastles, and maybe do the race clinic again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna