• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

United Kingdom trip report 6/24 - 7/5

Nothing says "Summer Holiday" more than a day on the beach in North Wales, in 48 degree weather and the rain blowing in sideways off the North Atlantic.

FB_IMG_1467279050283.jpg

Dolbadarn Castle, Snowdonia

FB_IMG_1467279366126.jpg

FB_IMG_1467279267044.jpg

FB_IMG_1467279182971.jpg

Last edited:
Our friend Jill scored us a brilliant three bedroom apartment on the river in York, with a view of York Minster.

FB_IMG_1467279585636.jpg

The medieval section of York known as The Shambles. Tempting to walk through shouting, "Bring out your dead!" in Monty Python fashion.

FB_IMG_1467279767224.jpg

Other pictures from york.

What a CHARMING place. I truly love this town

FB_IMG_1467279897823.jpg FB_IMG_1467279893649.jpg FB_IMG_1467279889165.jpg FB_IMG_1467279877420.jpg .

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1467279877420.jpg
    FB_IMG_1467279877420.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 0
I wish I could remember the name of the tiny little shop in there with the absolute BEST sandwiches so I could send you there . . .

We will be here until tomorrow so if you remember......

More pics from today in York.

Guy Fawkes' birthplace in York is now a pub...full of powder kegs and menu items like, "Light the Fuse."

The medieval section of York known as The Shambles. Tempting to walk through shouting, "Bring out your dead!" in Monty Python fashion.

More York photos. I ttuly love this place. Already planning a trip back here.

FB_IMG_1467331421979.jpg FB_IMG_1467331412386.jpg FB_IMG_1467331407740.jpg FB_IMG_1467331402541.jpg FB_IMG_1467331396983.jpg FB_IMG_1467331390977.jpg FB_IMG_1467331386858.jpg FB_IMG_1467331378040.jpg FB_IMG_1467331372760.jpg

We are in Scarborough now and what an awesome seaside village. I love this place. Its the north sea, there are small waves and its so gorgeous.... The town is older and not "nice" like york but its cool in a different way. Everyone has a dog in the UK, including in the pubs. I think its a requirement to live here. I thought I'd be missing the doggies at work but I'm getting my doggie fix here tenfold.

alicie

Angel Diva
I used to love Scarborough, not been for years. It's very British seaside town, but a little bit more fancy than the likes of Skegness. I loved the pedalos and wee naval battle show in the oriental style park. There was a vaguely decent water park (by uk standards) as well, though it was very aged 10 years ago, apparently they are redoing it now. I'm loving your pictures.

I used to love Scarborough, not been for years. It's very British seaside town, but a little bit more fancy than the likes of Skegness. I loved the pedalos and wee naval battle show in the oriental style park. There was a vaguely decent water park (by uk standards) as well, though it was very aged 10 years ago, apparently they are redoing it now. I'm loving your pictures.

Thank you. Its quite lovely here. North Wales was spectacular, York was amazing and I just love the oceanside here in scarsborough. The people are wonderful. We spent a couple hours hanging out with the barkeep at this pub in york last night. He was crazy funny and turned out to be the owner also. Tonight we spent a bit of time hanging with the inn keepers at our b & b in Scarborough, they are great people. I am highly addicted to tea and will be buying an electric tea kettle when we get home. I also am hooked on scones with jam and clotted cream,. I also had the best BLT and chips EVER in York. I positively love the grocery stores.

I have taken so many pictures and will get more up soon.

I truly love it here.

alicie

Angel Diva
Sorry but I'm giggling at electric tea kettle, never heard it called that before. Scones are brilliant. What do you love about supermarkets? I think American ones are awesome, there is so much artificially coloured stuff and frozen waffles are heaven. I think our supermarkets are a bit dull in comparison.

Sorry but I'm giggling at electric tea kettle, never heard it called that before. Scones are brilliant. What do you love about supermarkets? I think American ones are awesome, there is so much artificially coloured stuff and frozen waffles are heaven. I think our supermarkets are a bit dull in comparison.

Haha what do you call the tea kettles. Every where we have stayed had one of them.

Supermarkets in the UK have more variety of products. An entire aisle of digestives, Scottish eggs, chilled lattes and machiatos in plastic cups, huge varieties of candies and chocolates and gin and tonics and other alcohol in cans. We have a mini wet bar going on now, packing is going to be fun.

Our friend Tracey has said when friends come to the states from the UK they are equally as fascinated with our grocery stores.

Getting iced coffee for DH has been a bit of a challenge though.

I also love that your can but Tylenol with codeine over the counter.

Plus your crisps over here are divine. Walkers is my favorite. Love the steak, bacon, chicken and onion and cheese's ones the best.

Last edited:

alicie

Angel Diva
Haha what do you call the tea kettles. Every where we have stayed had one of them.

Supermarkets in the UK have more variety of products. An entire aisle of digestives, Scottish eggs, chilled lattes and machiatos in plastic cups, huge varieties of candies and chocolates and gin and tonics and other alcohol in cans. We have a mini wet bar going on now, packing is going to be fun.

Our friend Tracey has said when friends come to the states from the UK they are equally as fascinated with our grocery stores.

Getting iced coffee for DH has been a bit of a challenge though.

I also love that your can but Tylenol with codeine over the counter.

Plus your crisps over here are divine. Walkers is my favorite. Love the steak, bacon, chicken and onion and cheese's ones the best.

They're just kettles, as they're not exclusively for tea. I have a kettle and I don't drink tea, mine is purely for boiling water for pasta or potatoes etc. i think some use them just for tea. Our crisps are definitely the best. Worcester sauce are the best or monster munch pickled onion flavour. I find it weird America doesn't do 6 packs of crisps, it's so much more handy than just a huge bag of them.

The north sea in Scarborough

FB_IMG_1467581548902.jpg FB_IMG_1467581528985.jpg

Breakfast overlooking the north sea

FB_IMG_1467581564044.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1467581564044.jpg
    FB_IMG_1467581564044.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads